Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I wake up and I look over at Cato who is still sound asleep. I carefully climb out of bed and I walk over to our closet. I pull out a plain white t-shirt, tight blue jeans, and my boots.

I go into the bathroom and I get in the shower. The hot water feels so good on my aching body. I rinse my body with my sweet violet body wash. I shampoo my hair and rinse it out.

I turn the water off and I step out of the shower. I dry myself off and I wrap my towel around me. I walk out of the bathroom and back into our room. I see that Cato has his eyes open.

“hey sweetie, you look amazing.”, he says to me. I blush and say,” aw thanks love.” I take off my towel and put on my clothes. My hair is still soaking wet.

I put on my socks and I sit down on the edge of the bed. Cato sits up and starts playing through my wet hair. I start tying the laces on my boots. Cato then starts giving me a back massage.

I tense up at first but then I relax. It just feels so good. He stops and I turn around and sit in front of him. I then kiss him and we break away. Out of nowhere I hear,”Mommmmy!” I get up and rush to Mira’s room.

I see Braden crying his head off and he is on the floor. “Mira, why is he on the floor?”, I ask her. “I tried to pick him up and bring him to you but I slipped.”, she tells me.

I pick Braden up and I rock him in my arms and he falls asleep. I place him back in his crib. I hear the shower so, Cato must have gotten in. Mira and I go downstairs. I turn on her favorite tv show and I go make some breakfast.

I am making eggs, bacon, and white toast. Mira, Cato, and I cant get enough of it. I hear Cato coming down the steps. I hear him talking to Mira about Braden. I guess he heard what Mira and I were talking about earlier.

He comes into the kitchen and starts helping me make breakfast. He is a better cook than me by a long shot. I hear Mira laughing her head off and I cant help but to smile.

My kids and Cato are my life. I have almost everything taken from me. My parents are gone and I miss them so much. Reiner, Prim, Julianna, Hazel, Cato, and my kids are all I have.

Cato finishes cooking breakfast. I then go upstairs and into Braden’s room. I go and walk up to his crib. He is awake and messing with his hands. They are so tiny.

I pick him up out of his crib and carry him downstairs. I place him in his high-chair and he starts playing with his hands again. I grab his food out of the fridge.

Cato makes Mira and me a plate. We sit down at the dinner table and start eating. I feed Braden and he giggles at me. Mira stands up and plays peekaboo with Braden.

I cant help but blush. Mira and Braden are going to have a good relationship when they get older, I can just tell, its obvious. I take Braden out of his high chair and I go give him a bath.

I dress him and I put him in his playpen. He just looks at his hands again. I don’t know why, but today he loves his tiny hands. I stand up and I walk upstairs. I then see Cato talking on the phone.

He hangs up the phone and then turns to me. “Sara wants us to be in the capitol tomorrow for a special meeting. She just wants us to come, nobody else.”

He hugs me and kisses me on the lips. I kiss him back and he smiles at me. We go downstairs and fix us some lunch. Mira and Braden are being babysat by Julianna and hazel. They live together now and I visit them once in a while.

After we eat lunch, Cato and I sit on the couch. We watch Tv for a while. When we watch Tv, we always have romantic sitting moments. Today, I’m sitting in his lap. He has his arms around my waist.

It’s getting late and we fix us some dinner. Julianna brings back my kids. After we eat dinner, I tuck the kids in upstairs and I go into our room. Cato is just in his boxers and I jump on his back.

He carries me to the bed and places me down. He lays down beside me. I take off my jeans and my shirt. It’s really hot so we both sleep in our undergarments.

He pulls the covers over me and we start kissing each other. We break away and we mess with each others hair. He massages my back and his hands feel good on my bare skin.

I run my finger down his chest and I rest my head on his chest. He rubs my head and I just smile at him. Then, a sharp pain comes up my right leg. I look at my leg and my double bladed knife has cut me.

It didn’t cut too deep but its bleeding. I unstrap it from my underwear and I place it in my drawer. Cato wraps up my leg and starts tickling my foot. I spaz out and he finally stops.

“What the hell was that for?”, I ask him. “Felt like it.”, he tells me. I playfully punch him the shoulder. I wrap my arms around his waist. He wraps his arms around my waist.

We try to fall asleep and we cant. I hear footsteps outside of the doorway. Our door opens and Mira is carrying Braden and she walks up to the side of our bed. “Mommy, we got scared. Can we sleep with you and daddy?”, she says. I nod my head and I place Mira in between of Cato and I.

I place braden beside me and he instanlly falls asleep.  Mira then dozes off soon after that. I blow an air-kiss at Cato and he blows one back. We then fall asleep. I think of my wonderful husband and children.