Book III-Chapter 36, Countdown to The Interviews

Start from the beginning

The Interviews

Andrea Williams POV

Across the country in New York City, while Prince and Bella were enjoying a Saturday morning outing with friends, Andrea Williams was putting the final things she would take with her to Los Angeles in her hanging bag and airline tote. She was taking the larger tote to be able to accommodate some personal things as well as her computer. Her phone chimed and picking it up the cab driver said he was downstairs. She picked up the tote, placed her purse inside after taking her wallet out and slung the hanging bag over her arm. She doubled locked her door and took the elevator downstairs. The driver took her bags, placed them in the trunk and then began the air drive to JFK. She was leaving early to have a weekend away and to try to develop some information on who the hell this Bella Borden person was that was in Royal's life. She had called one of her former boyfriends, the lead singer of the Dead Crows and he had agreed that they could hang out for the weekend. He had just broken up with the latest in a bevy of not so beautiful beauties and just happened to be available. In picking his brain about Royal, he was really impressed with his talent, but said that he was a very private person, who rarely hung out, rehearsed a lot in closed rehearsals at Arista and lived very quietly. Some crazy had tried to kidnap his girlfriend at the request of a former record executive, Jimmy Sanders earlier in the year. The kidnapper had ended up dead at the hands of one of their bodyguards and the guy behind the act had ended up in the nuthouse. He wasn't really sure why, but it had been a really crazy story he said. Jax went on to say that the incident had also brought down a lot of Crips who it seemed one of their own had informed on. No-one knew for sure, but it was rumored that Witness Protection had been invoked and the informant had been given a whole new identity. Hearing of a dead kidnapper due to the girl she was trying to learn about, rattled Andrea. She certainly didn't want her curiosity to bring on something like that.

She was staying at the Charlie Hotel, so named after Charlie Chaplin who stayed in the bungalow hotel with some of his cronies during Hollywood's golden age. It was a very nice place. Arriving at the airport, she paid the driver and gathered her things paying the extra to carry on both of her bags. Seated in the second row aisle in first class, Andrea settled in for the long flight to LA. The query had not turned up any real information on Bella. Just her name, that of her parents, who apparently had made big money in the IT market, as her father was a bit of a technical boy wunderkind. It also said that she was Detroit born and bred and that she and her closest friend Elaine Grady had been dancers with Prince since before he got his contract. Apparently she was really smart like him and was expected to graduate at the end of the new school year from her undergraduate program. She would be only 19 years old. They had known each other since she was 14, but their father's, hers, Royal's and Elaine's, had been friends since boyhood. That is all that she knew...she was determined to find out whatever else she needed to know to understand her hold on this full grown man. She was only 18; what did he see in this child?

The Interviews

Frank's POV

Breakfast this morning had been a nice diversion from the norm for the entire Prince household. He really treated not only Carlos and Elaine like the family they were, but his bodyguards also. Frank, his brothers and Ross had started to think of him as family too. When Frank had received the call from Andy telling him about Andrea Williams, he had called in some favors to not only get information about her, but also to monitor her comings and goings, as she sounded particularly dangerous to him. It was due to his being proactive that he was made aware of her flying into LAX today from JFK. He had worked dark ops in the military and still had many contacts within the structure. He did not abuse those relationships, which is why his friends would help him, but did not hesitate to use them when his gut told him he should and with this woman...his gut had been screaming do it! He had arranged for her to be observed from the time she got off the plane. He had been advised that she would be hanging with the lead singer of the Dead Crows, Jax Jepsen...real name James Jepsen, whose parents were NY Jews of Danish extraction, good people who loved their son and were proud of his work. Jax, while delivering the image of a crazy Rock star of huge proportions was actually a solid musician and vocalist who still sat Shiva with his family when one was lost, and whose mother would still call on him to play the part of a wedding singer for family and close friends. He was a good and loving son and he never told her no. At 33 years old Jax deeply wanted to marry and have a family. He had really liked Andrea, but he did not like her drinking as heavily as she did, and he had broken up with her over it. It was not something he wanted to pass on to his children. He would have enough to contend with if he married a Goya...one that drank was simply not worth the family fuss. All of this had been provided to Frank and passed to his team early this morning. He would be receiving similar updates throughout the day and until she left California soil and returned to New York.