Moody

He knew better than to push her when she was already in a bad mood. And damn, was she in a bad mood. The moment she'd entered the apartment and slammed the door behind her he had known to better keep his mouth shut for tonight.

It wasn't like he couldn't control what he said, but he wasn't to confident if the sarcasm that had become so natural during the last few years wouldn't just spill out. Out of habit. It had happened more than once, and he'd rather not risk it happen again. It was everything but a pleasuring experience.

So, he stayed right were he was, right in front of his computer and kept editing pictures. Giving her space was probably the best idea. He heard her make her way through the apartment, from the entrance to the bedroom and finally to the bathroom, slamming closet doors, drawers and other doors shut on her way. Whatever it was that had upset her so much it must have been major.

When the bathroom door slammed shut behind her, he leaned back in his chair, wrecking his brain about what the hell could have happened that had upset her so much. When he'd left set a few hours ago she had been in a rather good mood, trading banter with Cami and Casey. So, during the day nothing out of the ordinary had happened. At least nothing he could recall. It must have happened during the last four hours than.

He closed photoshop and grabbed for his phone. Maybe a little research would be helpfull with this.

Cole: Hey Case, did something happen on set?

Casey: Why?

Cole: There is a lot of door slamming over here. Just wanted to check before I say something stupid and get myself in trouble.

Casey: Thoughtful, Sprouse.

Cole: Always with that surprised undertone.

Casey: Well, there is nothing I recall, sorry. Good luck though.

Cole: Okay, nonetheless thanks.

Cole sighed and tossed the phone on the table again. So, it hadn't happened on set. Either it was something from back home that bugged her, or something had happened on her way here from set. But what was it?

While he sat there, his arms crossed over his chest and wrecking his brain about what the fuck could have happened, the bathroom door slammed shut again, and he heard her coming towards the living room.

Okay, whatever this was, he needed to get to the root of it.

As she entered the room he could see the anger on her face, while she dropped on the couch and grabbed a magazine. Maybe he didn't want to get to the root of it after all.

"Don't be a fucking coward, Cole." he scolded himself. "You can at least try."

"Lils?" he said, cautiously.

"What?" she snapped.

"Wo." he rose his arms in defense and bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from uttering something stupid along the lines: "Someone is in a bad mood." Pointing out the obvious wouldn't be helpful either.

Instead he said: "Wanna talk about it?"

"No!" she lowered the magazine. "Yes. Maybe. I don't know. Fuck."

She leaned her head back against the couch, tossing the magazine to the other end of the room.

"Okay." he murmured. "Something clearly happened. Come on babe, tell me. Do I have to beat someone up?"

Lili lifted her head again, looked at him for a second and then cracked up.

"Now that's better." he thought.

"Seriously Cole. Not that I think you couldn't beat up someone, after the story Dylan told..."

He made a face at that, which made her giggle again.

"... but what you just said is so not you."

Cole shrugged: "I can only offer it. I mean I could try talking them into the ground, but I'm afraid that won't lead us anywhere."

She shook her head in amusement.

"I'm sorry. It's just people are assholes."

He leaned forward in his seat. "What kind of assholes?"

"Catcalling assholes." she mumbled and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Excuse me? Sounds like I DO, have to beat someone up."

She shook her head and shifted so she could tug her feet under herself.

"Seriously, there is no need. They were just a bunch of drunk assholes."

"That doesn't excuse them from being fucking pricks."

"I know, I know. That is why I got so angry about it. And probably about the fact that I couldn't do anything about it." she sighed.

Cole stood up and sat down next to her.

"You should have kicked their asses babe."

He slung an arm around her and buried his face in her neck.

"Me against 4 grown ass men?"

"Tss, you would have just needed to slap the shit out of one of them and the other ones would have started running left and right, trust me."

"Now that I think about it... that might have been a possibility. I would have to slam less doors after and I'm maybe able to slap the shit out of someone"

"You are SO able to do that."