Hawaii

The waves are crashing below me like pots and pans, but I listen to it like music. I'm spreading both my arms out to embrace the sea air when I feel Cole's hands at my waist.

"I'm flying, I'm flying," I laugh, and he entwines his hands with mine, like etched wings on the hull of a ship. I hear his soft chuckle in my ear and my breath hitches slightly. We drop our arms and wrap them around my torso, his chin nestled in my neck.

We're on the edge of a cliff in Hawaii. If you told me six months ago that I'd be looking out on the ocean with the love of my life at my side, I'd have shaken my head and scoff. But I'd never been in love like this. Six months ago I was dating Cole, but at this point it's spiraled into something beyond that. The word dating almost doesn't do it justice.

The hypnosis of the turbulent water is drawing me in, and I'm only dimly anchored by Cole's warmth lining my body. He whispers something in my ear. I can't hear it over the wind and I turn to face him, still linked at the hip. He's smiling down at me, his eyes dazed and filled with pools of my reflection. His mouth is lopsided and curved, and he blinks slowly. "So," I sigh contentedly. "Where are we off to next, Dicaprio?" He sighs too, time lapsing as he leans in and kisses me, hands gripping my lower back in a passionate embrace. My eyes are closed and then we're swaying with the wind, lips apart with neck on neck, moulded together like a single statue. "How about here for a while," he murmurs into my hair. "Would that satisfy you?"

"Sounds good to me," I breathe. Time is a silly notion as we stand out in the blissful landscape of sky and air and sea.