Sunshine

He lived in a dark world. It wasn't pitch black. But it may as well have been. He didn't care for what he saw. Everything was so dim, it didn't really matter. He was not happy. Far from it actually. He didn't know the emotion. Of course, he had had laughs and smiles, but that's not happiness. That's joy.

He wanted happiness.

Happiness to him was intangible, just like love. The kind of love poems describe; authors narrate; people talk about. The kind of love that seems so unreal that it's almost painful to hope, to wish, to wait. The kind of love that makes your heart beat with excitement and fear. The kind of love that makes you shudder and tremble and clench your jaw, just thinking about it. The kind of love that makes you feel sweaty but dry and the same time. The kind of love that makes you forget about all your problems, insecurities, struggles.

The kind of love that eliminates all traces of doubt.

That was happiness to him. It was a dream he could only believe happened to others but not him.

This was his belief system till he saw her.

Golden hair sitting neatly across her shoulders; large emeralds for eyes; eye lashes fluttering; a small, but glowing smile.

It was at that moment when he truly understood the concept of enlightenment. He could see.

She lit up his dark world. It was so bright, he could never forget it. It was like a blind man regained his sight-he couldn't forget what he had seen after that.

Every little detail was important. It had significance. Everything mattered when he was with her.

What he didn't know was that, at that moment, she had also found her light.

The life of Lili Reinhart was surprisingly not as rainbow and sunshines as people assumed. She was known for her beautiful laugh, gorgeous smile, sense of humour and wit. But ever person has a chapter they don't read aloud. For her, she was stuck on this dark, sad road that she couldn't escape. She was terrified because she couldn't see what lay ahead.

But he changed all that.

He lit her path.

She could see one thing in her future.

The one thing that actually mattered.

Love.

His dark hair curled so beautifully, with a single lock misplaced; gorgeous, blue eyes filled with admiration, reflecting her own; perfectly structured nose; a smile that took her breathe away.

She was his sunshine, but what was even more surprising was that he was her's.