Masterplan

"I'm not ready to leave" Cole groaned, his face burried into his pillow.

It was a sincere and legit complaint. He was as far from ready to leave this paradise as anyone could be. Just the thought of boarding a plane this afternoon made him naseous. Maybe that was also the reason for why he had woken up so early. During the last week they had only gotten up this early on two occasions. To go watch the sunrise and when they went on a trip to the other side of the island, to see some of it's most precious creatures. The birds they'd spotted had been the funniest thing. He smirked remembering all of it, while he felt Lili's hand trailing down the bare skin of his back.

"Neither am I." she mumbled and he turned his face to look at her. She looked drop dead gorgeous, still half asleep, her hair just a little messy. It made him wanna kiss her senseless.

Cole sighed, pulled the cover over his head and - considering their height difference - over her's too.

"I'm not ready for all the shit" he repeated, reaching for her waist to pull her closer.

"Not for L.A. Not for the Golden Globe events. Not for five layers of cloth back in Vancouver."

Lili nestled her face into his chest, taking a deep breath. He stroked her back, once again wondering how he'd gone 24 years without all this, without her.

"That's not fair, Sprouse. I can't be the voice of reason here when you are holding me so close." He could barley hear her, with her face still buried in his chest.

"Don't be. I'm still in for our masterplan" he responded, making her giggle.

"We can't fly to New York, chop Dylan's hair off and dye it black while he is sleeping. Let alone kidnapp him and bring him to Vancouver. And furthermore, you are the only one with a twin here. What am I supposed to do?!"

"Can't we get Tess to play Betty?"

"She is 14, Cole"

"So what, you started out with 14. And she is closer to the whole teenage expierence than we are. Let's kidnapp them both, drop them off in Vancouver and we'll be back here in no time"

She shook her head and rolled her eyes at him. Goddamit, even that was adorable. He just couldn't help it, he bend down a little to kiss her. It was intended to be a sweet, short kiss, but once his lips touched hers there was no going back.

Those lips were like his own personal drug. It was like that Bruno Mars song:

"I'd kiss them all day if she let me".

When he detached himself from her a few minutes later, it took a considerable amount of self control. As much as he hated it, they had no time for that. Not today. There were suitcases to be packed and flights to be catched.

Later after they had everything ready to leave, Cole stepped out on the balcony to snap one last picture. The view they had was amazing and it looked incredible on camera. He heard Lili step out after him. She leaned against the handrail, her arms crossed. He took another picture of her. He had lost count on how many it had been during this week. Some of them he might share on Instagram, but most were only meant for the both of them. They contained precious memories and he was not keen on ever sharing them with anyone but her.

Cole put his camera down on a windowsill carefully, hugged her from behind and put his chin on her shoulder. He didn't give fuck anymore about who might see them.

"Let them fucking know" he thought.

They stood there for a while, looking out at the ocean, which seemed endless and had the color of sapphires. None of them said a word, because quiet frankly there was no need to talk. It had been a long time since silence had felt so good, so easy for both of them.

All the little moments they had during the week flashed trough Cole's mind and all of them included her. Lili nervous and excited, not able to sit still on the plane. Lili focused on her phone while trying to find the best place to have lunch. Lili wrapped up in the white, clean sheets of their bed, sleeping soundly. Lili smiling at him after their New Year's Eve kiss. Lili sitting cross legged on a rock at the beach while watching the sunset. He could have gone on for hours.

But she turned around and shook him out of his day dreaming. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she got on her tiptoes to kiss him softly.

"Come on." she mumbled. "Back to the real world now"

As they grabbed their suitcases Cole took in a deep breath. Yeah, indeed it was "back to the real world". And although the thought still made him naseous, he couldn't help but smile as an other one crossed his mind.
As long as it would be with her, he'd gladly take on everything that would be coming their way in the real world.