Cold

"WHY. THE. FUCK. DOES. IT. HAVE. TO. BE. SO. COLD?" Lili exclaimed as she slammed the door shut behind them.

Cole just smirked. She was right, a wave of cold had taken over Vancouver during the last few days and filming had become increasingly diffcult. He didn't mind it as much as she did, because New York's freezing winters had hardened him against the cold. Well, not so much hardend him against it, as made him realize that complaining about it wouldn't make the temperature rise. Nevertheless he was thankful for every scene Jughead was dressed in one of his Sherpa jackets instead of the thin leather of Serpent one.

"It's still winter babe. You know, that tends to be very cold" he teased and Lili rolled her eyes.

"Don't be a smart ass, I saw you shaking when we filmed the scene with the Serpents today. You're as happy as I'm to finally get back into the warm, admit it."

"I never said I'm not. The thought of getting back here and snuggling up with you is the only thing that kept me warm all day." he winked at her and she rolled her eyes so hard that he feared they would get stuck.

"Feeling sassy tonight, aren't we?" she intended to sound ironic, but couldn't help the grin that appeared on her face.

"Nah." Cole had to hold back not to laugh out loud as he opened the door to the kitchen. "I just like to annoy you. I figured you'd know by now."

"Well, and I like to tell you to shut up." Lili shoot back, while stretching to get two of the cups off the shelf.

She was stretching like that on purpose, he knew that. The shelf wasn't that high up after all. It made a smug smile appear on his face.

He approached her and came to a stop just a few inches behind her.

"Make me" he mumbled.

She didn't have to be told twice.

The next morning

Cole woke up to the wind hauling outside the apartment. He sat up slowly, rubbed his eyes and stretched. Carefully, not to wake Lili he got up and drew the curtains back a little to look outside. Vancouver was covered with a thick layer of snow and it seemed like it wouldn't stop for a while.

He grinned.

Looked like it was to be going a "Netflix-kind-of-weekend".

He grabbed one of his sweaters, and sneaked out of the bed room, closing the door behind him softely. He was a horrible cook, but he could manage some eggs and toast for breakfast.

From the kitchen windows he saw that the snow storm was blowing even heavier than he thought. He searched for his camera, because the image of Vancouver's snowy rooftops was just begging to be taken.

It was definetly a couch, blankets and movies kind of day.

While he opened the fridge his phone started buzzing. He snatched it from the kitchen counter where he had left it last night and took a look. It was Dylan.

He accepted the FaceTime call.

"Morning" he greeted his twin brother and tried not to laugh at the look of him.

Dylan looked utterly done with the world, his hair tied up messily, his gaze exhausted.

"I see the martial arts training is going well"

"Shut up." Dylan mumbled. "It's fucking hell, I swear. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to move tomorrow."

"Come on, it will take you about a week and you will catch up to it like you do with everything. You're going to come back looking even more like Thor than you already do." Cole answered over his shoulder while shuffling around the kitchen.

"I hope so. What are you guys up to?"

Cole smiled involuntary at the plural Dylan was using. He didn't know why, but it made him feel giddy when people referred to Lili and him in plural. It provoked a certain sense of pride in him.

He shrugged at his brother: "Well first of all I'm going to try to get some breakfast ready without burning the apartment down and theb we'll see I guess. Snow is falling pretty heavy here, I think we're not going to leave this place today."

They chatted along to Cole's attempt of breakfast, which turned out pretty well at least for his standards. He managed to not burn anything and considered that a success on its own.

When he was trying to put the exact same amount of eggs on their two plates Lili entered the kitchen, stretching, her hair tied up in a messy bun, dressed up in sweats and cementing Cole's desicion to stay in and do absolutely nothing today.

She kissed him good morning and than gave a lazy smile and wave to Dylan.

"Hey Dyl, what's Beijing like??"

Later that day

The snow hadn't stopped falling outside and the day was slowly coming to an end.

But neither Lili or Cole minded. It had been the perfect lazy day. They had alternated between binge watching anything that Nextflix had to offer, stuffing themselves with the unhealthiest food they could find and scrolling through Instagram.

"You know what??" Lili mumbled, while applying one of her face masks.

Cole looked up from the book he had been reading for the last hour.

"What??"

"Okay, I know that this is going to sound super typical and chliché, but I love that we can do this. Like that no matter if we are speeding along a snowy road at a murdours pace..."

"You'll never let me hear the end of that, will you??"

She grinned mischievously. "No. And you brought that up on yourself Mr. Okay, now I've lost my point.."

"You said you loved that we can do that.."

"Oh yeah right. I mean, that no matter if it's something exciting or if we are just being pretty lazy it always somehow turns out to be an awesome day."

Cole smiled.

"Your right that sounds awfully typical and chliché. But if I'm being completely honest.." his voice turned into a mumble when he leaned over to kiss her, not minding the paste on her face. "I don't mind that. Because being typical and chliché with you is pretty fucking amazing."