Lili's Birthday

Pain.
Too bright.
Warm hands.
"Lil? Hey. Don't fall asleep right here."
His voice.
She knew it all too well.
"You need to drink some more water." She opened her eyes to him kneeling behind her holding her knotted messy blonde her in one hand and rubbing her back in slow circles with his other.
She felt the cold porcelain that her weak hands were now gripping as another wave of last nights contents spilled out of her.
She was drunk.
She is drunk.
"I'm never drinking again Cole." She remembers what she could of her 21st birthday celebration hours ago.
She felt the vibrations of his chest as he laughed and pulled her gently into him.
"You probably shouldn't for a while."
"When did we even leave Cami's?" Lili asked now realizing she was sitting on the floor of Cole's bathroom.
"Well honestly not shortly after we got there. You are a lightweight Lili."
"Fuck. M'sorry."
Lili remembers her birthday dinner with a few cast mates, then arriving at Camila's with everyone but after that it gets foggy. Suddenly she felt like a horrible friend for getting a little too drunk at her own party her friends had, so nicely, thrown for her.
"Hey no. Don't apologize. Don't you know this is what you're supposed to be doing after your 21st? I mean clearly, you're doing it all right." He laughed lightly as she groaned and shook her head into his chest.
"Well, what's next? Because I'm done here." Lili leaned up and tried to lift herself from the cold bathroom tile.
"Woah wait. You might want to go slow." Cole grabbed her hands and helped her up from the floor. He guided her to his bed, where she immediately let her head hit one of his pillows.
"Next, you take some aspirin and drink more water, then you're allowed to sleep. You really are a rookie, huh?" He grabbed the water bottle that was sat next to a bottle of Asprin on his bedside table.
Lili's thoughts were very blurry and after attempting to walk to the bed she wasn't sure how Cole got her to his apartment in the first place. The one thought she could make out was just how much she appreciated Cole taking care of her and just how much she wanted to curl up next to him and finally sleep. She took a few more sips of her water and handed it back to Cole but never took her bloodshot eyes off of him.
"Next step, please. Sleep."
Cole stood up from the edge of his bed and turned out the light. Lili was under the sheets in seconds and Cole couldn't help but laugh at how determined she was to sleep.
"Ok Lil. Get some sleep. If you need me I'll be-.."
"Cole please just sleep with me."
Cole ran his hand through his greasy hair and sat back down on the edge of the bed.
"Well not like sleep with me but like just actually sleep." Lili could feel her heavy tongue slurring her words and now she was sure her cheeks were burning red.
Fuck it.
"You're usually all over me y'know?.. Right now you're not so.. can you- just.." She pushed the comforter back and pulled on his arm. Cole was now laughing at her previous statement and attempt to get him to lay with her.
This wasn't something out of the ordinary for the two. Both had become much closer than anticipated in the past year but neither had ever really defined what they were. After the seemingly built up tension between the two had reached the brim, innocent cuddling and a few kisses were shared while on a press tour for Riverdale in Mexico. After that, it was just a natural occurrence for the two and neither of them tried to hide or stop it.
Even with their growing relationship or whatever they had going on, Cole knew Lili has never been and would never be so forward like she is now. The alcohol was still very present.
He pulled his shirt off and finally obeyed her pleas, snuggling in next to her. Lili let out a breath she seemed to be holding and laid her now throbbing head onto his bare chest.
"Thank you. For all of this.  M'afuckingmess." Her words ran together but he understood her perfectly.
"Oh, it's been an honor. I hope you had a somewhat memorable birthday." He laughed hoping she would remember a little of her messy but eventful night.
Cole shifted pulling her closer onto his chest and planted a light kiss the top of her head.
"and you're far from a mess Lil."

806 words