Thief

"You punched a thief once??" Lili asked as Cole flopped down back on the couch after he had checked on the Brownies they'd made.

"Huu??" he said, looking at her confused. He had punched someone stealing stuff from his family once, but he had never told her. And that incident had happened over two years ago. How did she know??

Lili giggled at his confused face and handed him her phone. She had watched a video, seemingly the one of Dylan's TRL interview. He pressed play and after a few seconds realized that Dylan had retold the whole fucking story about him trying to stop this lowlife from stealing all their shit back when they visited Italy. He rolled his eyes, stopped the video and handed Lili her phone back.

"I might have to kill him" he mumbled, hiding his face in his hands.

"Why??" Lili asked. She seemed infinitely amused.

"Well, firstly, because he clearly just blew my cover for my true self: the FBI agent behind your camera that also knows how to do cool action movie shit. And secondly, because that wasn't really a thing I thought trough."

"He was stealing your shit and you did try to stop him. I don't see the wrong in it." she laughed.

"I just didn't know you could be so fiercely protective. I mean I know you can get protective, but that is a new level. Rolling of off car hoods, seriously Cole, that's some Die Hard shit"

"One of my cameras was in that car" Cole said, smirking and shrugging his shoulders involuntaryly.

"I'm not gonna let someone steal one of my babies without a fight"

Lili couldn't help but smile at the irony of the situation. The same Cole, that had just told her that she looked hot with pimple cream on her face and had almost stumbled over himself to get to the kitchen when she uttered the word brownies, had punched someone, while hanging out of a car window going 40 mph. She didn't know why, but it amused her. A lot.

Altough if she was completely honest that mixture of softness and toughness about him had always fascinated her. Cole could be the sweetest guy on earth, but god help the one that got on his wrong side. Messing with him was just a bad idea. She was pretty sure if somebody really pissed him off, he could be their worst nightmare. And even more so, if people he loved got attacked.

It was not just this story about the robbery in Italy, she also had seen him defending Dylan with all his might, ready to throw hands if needed. She had seen him, screaming and fuming at a guy, who had been trying to put hands on one of his best friends. It had taken a lot to calm him down that night.

Nonetheless her favorite Cole was this one, the one she knew only she got to see. The one who was trailing circles with his tumb on her ankles when she rested her feet on his lap, like she did right now. The one that nesteled his face into her hair and stroked her shoulder so gently you could think he feared to break it. The one that smiled at her lazily every morning.

Her Cole.