Are you?

"What if you're parents don't like me?" A very nervous Cole asked Lili on their way to LAX.

"Cole." Lili sighed and grabbed Cole's hand. "My parents are going to love you. Okay? Now Chloe is going to pick us up from the airport as my mom is picking Tess up from a school function. Then my aunt is going to drop by with Addy. I can't wait for you to meet her in person!"

"I'm really excited to meet her in person, and not just on FaceTime where's she more interested in her own reflection than talking to me." Cole laughed.

***

Cole and Lili looked out into the crowd down below as they walked down the flight of stairs. They finally saw Chloe holding a piece of cardboard with the message "The most amazing person in the world (and Lili)".

"Thank you so much for message." Lili said sarcastically. Chloe pulled her in for a hug.

"I've missed you Lils!" Chloe sighed. She let her go, and then pulled Cole in for a hug.

"I've heard so much about you!" She exclaimed. "Thank you for making my sister so happy." The three of them walked out to short term parking, and hopped in Chloe's car. Cole could feel his anxiety rising, and Lili realised it too. She held Cole's hand, and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Aw, you guys are the sweetest!" Chloe grinned.

***

"We"re home!" Chloe announced. Tess and Amy came running down the hallway. Tess squeezed Lili tight, whilst Amy hugged Cole. Cole and Lili dropped their bags off in Lili's room and then they joined Lili's sisters and mom in the lounge room. Cole was sitting in the corner of the couch whilst Lili rested on his chest.

"So Cole, what are your intentions with Lili?" Tess asked inquisitively.

"Tess, leave your sisters relationship alone." Amy shook her head.

"No Mrs Reinhart, it's fine. Well Tess, I really love your sister, and I hope one day I can marry her." Cole grinned at Lili.

"Aw Cole." Lili whispered, and she kissed his cheek. Then the doorbell rang. Lili got up and ran as fast as light to answer the door.

"Addy!" Lili squealed. Cole knew how much Addy meant to Lili, and even though she was two years old he desperately wanted Addy to like him. Lili walked back into the lounge room holding Addy, followed by her aunt.

"You must be Cole, hi!" Her aunt beamed and gave him a hug.

"Hi Addy." Cole said to the child. Addy didn't take much notice of him. She was only a toddler, so Cole tried not to take it to personally but he couldn't help that he felt a little hurt.

"Hey Cole, don't stress." Lili smiled at him, noticing how he felt.

"Hey Lili, Addy needs a bath. Want to give her one?" Lili's aunt asked Lili.

"Sure!" Lili chirped. "Help me out Cole?" Cole nodded and followed Lili to the bathroom. She ran a bath and got Addy undressed and put her in the bath. Cole sort of sat there watching the two play. Half way through the bath, Addy began to talk to Cole. She spoke to him, and Cole couldn't help but laugh. She started to talk more to Cole, and Lili admired her man talking to her goddaughter. After the bath they all ate dinner, then sat down to watch a movie. Cole and Addy had been getting along really well and Lili was extremely happy. When it started to get late, everyone said goodnight and went to bed. They laid in bed and talked quietly.

"So you were getting along really well with Addy tonight." Lili giggled.

"Yeah, I was. She's really cute. I can see why you love her so much." Cole sighed.

"Well what if I told you that you might get to love someone that much too." Lili said quietly.

"What do you mean Lils? Who would I love..." Cole's voice trailed off. He propped himself up on one elbow so he could see Lili's face.

"Are you?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm pregnant." She continued to giggle.

"Oh my god this is the best day of my life!" Cole yelled.

"Shhhh Cole you'll wake everyone up!" Lili hit him with her pillow playfully. She laid down on his chest and thought how lucky she was to have someone so excited about their lives connecting.

840 words