Hike

Lili's phone buzzed. She didn't even have to look at it to know it was him. Austyn had left literally 10 minutes ago, and here he was probably suggesting another adventure. A glance at his message proved her right.

"Are you in for a hike? I heard Lynn Valley is beautiful this time of the year"

She smiled to herself, thinking about how crazy it was that he was able to do that. Making her smile with only one text. They hadn't seen each other for about a week, (except for one quick hug on set) and she just now realized how much she had missed him. Being with Austyn had been a pretty good distraction, especially as they tried to keep it low after all the fuss the pictures from Hawaii and the airport had stired up.

"We should have expected that though" she thought.

There had always been a buzz around them, people had been picking on every little detail. The way Cole looked at her and viceversa. His hand on her shoulder (although he really had a thing for that). The fact that he had let her put make-up on his face although he hated it.

Everything had been a topic of speculation and nonetheless the fuzz around the recent happenings had caught them by surprise.

"Don't you have to go to New York?" she responded, admittedly to tease him a little.

"I'll catch the red eye. Plenty of time to go hike and have dinner."

"Food!" she added a heart emoji after that. "Now I'm intrigued Mr. Sprouse"

She could basically see him rolling his eyes, while receiving the text.

An hour later he was at her door step, wide grin on his face, his hair just a little messy, dressed in a brown jacket, red scarf, jeans and hiking boots. She couldn't believe how he managed to look like he just fell out of bed and insanely attractive at the same time.

Before she could say anything, she felt his arm wrapping around her waist and he bent down for a kiss.

He caught her by surprise at first, but then she leaned into the kiss herself, smiling at the taste of his lips after what seemed like an eternity.

"God, I've missed you" he mumbled and leaned his forehead against hers.

"I've missed you too" she mumbled, caressing his cheek. They stayed like that for a minute, then she freed herself from his embrace and said:

"So where do you wanna go actually??"

"Lynn Valley. It's not that far, but I've seen pictures and it looks increidible. I just need at least one hour of clean air before I go to New York."

A 31-minutes-drive later they arrived and it was as breathtaking as Cole had described it. Despite the season it was a mix of colors, of various shades of green and blue. Lili could see how Cole's eyes wandered around, scouting the area for the perfect shot. It was something he didn't even do on purpose, it had just become a part of him, it was as natural as breathing.

A while later they reached the top of a hill and found a little bench, just behind a row of trees.

Cole silently cursed himself for being out of breath and swore the millionth time that he'd quit smoking.

The little bench however was the perfect hiding spot. It had an increidible view on Lynn Valley, but was also hidden from sight until almost the end of the turn the path made up here.

They dropped down and started to catch up on their respective weeks and what would be coming up the one that followed.

"So you are going to play password on Fallon?!" Lili said, trying to surpress a giggle while she leaned into him.

The mental image of Cole trying to explain something with one word was just to much.

Cole grinned: "It will either be the most awkward or the funniest thing I've ever done."

She didn't know how long they stayed there. But she completely forgot the time and after a while, not even the cold bothered her anymore. They were wrapped up in their own world, and meanwhile locked out everything else. And as for her, they could have stayed like that forever.