Weak

Someone slammed a door. Cole sat up straight in bed, releasing a river of mumbled slurs after realizing how he had woken up. BAM!! Another door. For god's sake was nobody in this household able to close a door like a normal human person?

After a week with not remotely enough sleep (Partly to the Golden Globes events last night, partly to the fact that he'd basically lived by the motto: "Let's just use all the time we've got. Including 1 a.m." during his and Lili's vacation in Hawaii.) all he needed was just a little consideration.

He grabbed his phone to check the time. 7 a.m. What did they do up anyway?! Bam, another door.

"For fuck's sake dad" he yelled. "There are handles on those things for a reason"

He didn't mean to sound so rude. But he was tired, exhausted and a little annoyed at the fact that he wasn't still in Hawaii, his arms wrapped around Lili.

"You might be 25, but still: language son, language. And I'm sorry" his dad answered.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too." With that he dropped back to the pillows, checking the time on his phone again, only to realize that he had a message from Lili. How was she up already? He opened the message and had to hold back to not laugh out loud.

No I swear to god, people going for a jog at 7 a.m. and slamming doors while doing so are the worst. I love Taylor, but can she please not. <3

He texted back: Guess who just woke up because of the exact same bullshit. We need to get back to Vancouver, I need your tiptoeing in the morning. So much more considerate. <3

His mind went back to the night before. It had been rather unnerving. After the pictures of them at the beach had been published, they had decided to keep a low profile, trying not to get to much attention on them. Thank god, there where more important and more famous people at those events which made it a little easier for them. Cole had already survived the hurdling that had been giving interviews after their Hawaii trip and was about to sit down at their table when she walked in.

His jaw almost dropped. Everything, from her hair to her toes looked absolutely stunning. He couldn't help himself but stare.

Mads, who had sat down with her boyfriend Travis noticed and also turned her head the direction he was looking in.

"Wow. She looks gorgeous."

'Gorgeous' was an understatement. She looked like a greek godness. She was radiant.

When Lili reached the table she gave Mads and Travis a hug, before continuing into his direction. She smiled at him, as they hugged.

"You are on a quest to kill me, aren't you?" he mumbled. "You look absolutely breathtaking Lils."

She blushed a little while sitting down between him and Mads.

"You don't look to bad, yourself" she said, her gaze lasting on his suit for a minute.

"What's up with the turtle neck though?!"

"Oh, as if you didn't know." he said and smirked at her.

It took a whole lot of him not to touch her during the gala.

"Keep it low Cole, keep it low" he repeated to himself time and time again.

Easier said than done. Especially when he noticed that her social batteries started dying. The expression on her face changed and he just knew, that she was longing to go home and have a few moments to herself.

"Are you okay?" he mumbled, leaning over to her, just far enough so she could hear him.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired."

The gala was over soon after and they all made their way back outside. He knew that she would be heading home instead of going to the Vanity Fair party, so he couldn't help it. As soon as he saw the chance, he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him to the side, behind a pillar, praying no one would notice it during all the fuss of people leaving.

"Cole what -" she started, but before she could end the sentence he kissed her. A short kiss, almost an innocent one, just enough to taste her lips. Maybe he was being ridiculous, maybe he was being selfish, but quite frankly he didn't care. In her surprise Lili reacted naturally and settled her hands on his chest, just for a second.

When they broke apart she grinned: "You are weak Sprouse, you know that?"