Dancing(1)

L I L I P O V

I was excited for the wrap party of course, but something about big crowds always put me a little on edge. It's always been something I've struggled with, but has definitely gotten much better as I've found different ways to handle my anxiety.
I promised myself I was going to have a good time tonight. I had no excuse not to, I'd be surrounded by my closest friends and of course, Cole.
He always knew how to keep me calm. Whether it be with a simple squeeze of my hand when he feels my body tense. Or a soft kiss to my forehead. Or even a loving look that said he was there next to me, supporting me.
God I love that man so fucking much.
After arriving and chatting with a few people, I headed towards the open bar, wanting a glass of wine to calm my slightly buzzing nerves due to the loud room.
After asking for a glass of merlot, I sat on a barstool to wait for my drink.
I soon felt a warm pair of hands rest on my waist from behind and felt his breath on my ear before he quietly spoke. "Hey beautiful, what's a gorgeous girl like you doing alone at the bar? Can I buy you a drink?"
I giggled and immediately relaxed into Cole's arms.
"Well it's an open bar, but if it'll make you feel better, who am I to deny a handsome man like you" I joked over my shoulder as Cole placed gentle kisses to the side of my neck.
He laughed his sexy, deep laugh and it sent chills up and down my spine. He spun the barstool around so we were face to face and gazed down at me in that way only he does, when he makes me feel like the only girl in the world.
No one had ever looked at me like that before I met him and I never wanted to stop the feeling it gave me.
"How are you holding up? I saw you disappear off to the bar and just wanted to make sure you were feeling ok," his concern for my well-being never ceased to warm my heart. He always made sure I felt safe and comfortable and I loved him so much for it.
"You're sweet for checking on me, but I'm okay, babe. Just wanted a glass of wine. It's our night off, figured I'd relax a bit" I winked as the bartender set my glass on the bar behind me. Cole picked it up and handed it to me, stepping closer in between my legs.
"You absolutely deserve it Lils, this is our night to let loose a bit and have some fun," he kissed my forehead and stepped to the side to order his own drink. After it came, he laced his hand with mine and led me back to the group.
When Cami spotted us walking over she smiled softly at our laced hands. "There you are!" She exclaimed as we entered the circle of our friends.
"We're taking group shots!" KJ yelled as he began to march back towards the bar, followed my Melton, Madelaine, Casey and others.
I shot Cami a quizzical look and she shrugged her shoulders, "Don't look at me, this is all KJ."
Cole laughed and we walked slowly over to our friends, who were already downing shots of tequila.
Cole looked to me and we both rolled our eyes, but nonetheless each grabbed a shot.
"RIVERDALEEEE!!!" KJ exclaimed loudly, finishing off his fifth shot of the night.