Weekend

Friday

"Come on Cole, tell me, where are we going?" Lili pleaded.

Cole smirked: "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

Lili sighed and leaned back into the passengers seat. Of course he wouldn't tell her. He had woken her up at 8:30 that morning, although it was their day off. She had thought that they'd just stay in, maybe have lunch or dinner out somewhere in Vancouver. But not with Cole. Three free days in a row meant there was a chance for an adventure. And he wouldn't let that chance slip.

"You are spoiling me, Sprouse" Lili said, which brought a small smile to his face.

"You've been working so much lately. You deserve a little time off. And as we had to work on Valentine's Day.." he answered and shrugged.

"I told you, it's not that big of a deal. I mean, it's a commercial holiday after all. And I'm only into it for the candy anway."

She said the last sentence, while ripping the paper off a mars bar, they had picked up at a gas station half way. She took a dramatic bite and Cole couldn't help but laugh out loud. Infact he laughed so much that he almost had to pull over and stop the car.

"God Lils, I'm trying to get us to our destination in one piece. Can you please stop being so adorable?"

He took a deep breath to clam himself down, but as soon as he saw her take another dramatic bite from the cornor of his eyes, the laughter spilled out of him again. So much that he almost missed the highway exit they were supposed to take.

"Tofino" Lili read.

The name sounded vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't remeber where she had first read it. They couldn't be to far from Vancouver though, they had barely driven two hours.

Due to their frequent adventures and getaways into the wilds she'd become pretty familiar with Vancouver and it's sourroundings, but she had never been here before. Nonetheless the name sounded so familiar. She wrecked her brain, but nothing stood up.

Then they took another turn, the Pacific ocean came in sight and it hit her like a ton of bricks. Had he really.. no. She had mentioned that like half a year ago, when some crew member had told them about what a lovely time she had spent here during the show's summer hiatus. The sign they where passing now, proofed her right.. "Wickaninnish Inn".

She had googled it, after the crew member had mentioned it and fallen in love with it immediately. It was a simple light blue house, framed by an acient rain forest and the Pacific Ocean. She had mentioned it to Cole the day after as an option for one of their future getaways, but only briefly. So briefly, that she herself had forgotten about it. But of course he remembered. He always did.

"I can't believe you remembered that." It was barely more than a whisper.

Cole had stopped the car by now and smiled shyly.

"It's so far away from everything, it's quiet and there is almost nobody here this time of the year. I thought it would make for a great trip. You know just the two of us, away from all the noise, even if it's just for two nights. And the ph.."

He couldn't finish the sentence, because Lili had almost thrown herself across the gearshift to kiss him. It surprised him and he had to grip the steering wheel to not bump into the door behind him.

"Thank you" she mumbled against his lips, a smile forming on hers, that made his heart skip a beat.

They got out of the car and grabbed the bags Cole had secretly packed the night before (he was still not sure if he had gotten everything) from the trunk. They entered the Inn, got their key from the reception and took the elevator upstairs. They entered their room and Lili was gushing about the Inn's spa offers, when something caught her eye and she stopped in her tracks.

"Okay, now you're just showing off."

A buquet of at least 6 dozen roses had been positioned on one of the tables in the room. Red roses. And she was quiet sure that the hotel didn't just put red roses into every single one of their rooms.

Cole came up behind her, slung his arms around her, propped his chin up on her shoulder and said:

"You don't like them?"

"I love them." she answered and turned to kiss him.

"But I'm not really sure how I deserve all this??"

"You deserve the world Lils"

Saturday

Even the weather played along. It sometimes scared Cole how perfectly things seemed to work out when it was just the two of them. He had been checking the weather for Torfino obsessivly during the previous week and it seemed to have been raining 90 % of the time.

But now it was Saturday afternoon and the sun had come out. Lili had spent the morning in the hotel's spa, getting treatments he couldn't even pronounce, but when she came back, she had seemed more relaxed than at any point through the last few months. When the sun came out after lunch, they had headed to explore the surroundings of the hotel.

Because what kind of adventure was this, if they wouldn't get at least one epic shot to show off with after?

"What do you think about up there??" Lili said and pointed at a rock that was sticking out of the water like at tower.

It seemed easy to climb, but it also seemed awfully easy to slip and fall down into the water.

"Looks dangerous" Cole mumbled, which provoked a giggle from Lili.

"Since when do you care?" she said. "Do I have to remind you, that you climed the last brenches of a huge ass tree in Hawaii, just to get a picture of some birds."

Cole sighed. She was right. He had climbed that tree, he had gotten a dozen tickets for trespassing, he had climbed into buildings and driven his Jeep into area's that were less than safe to get a good picture, but it was different with her. He didn't mind his own recklessness.

Regarding her however, he had this (sometimes overwhelming) urge to protect her from anything and anyone that could possibly cause her harm. He knew it was ridicoulus. She could very well take care of herself. But nonethless it was there.

"I think it would look amazing yeah.." he mumbled.

They approached the rock and as Lili started climbing it, Cole could only stand there and watch her in awe.

"What the fuck? Where did you learn to climb like that?" He was truly astonished.

"I've climed about every tree in our neighboorhood when I was a kid, have I never told you??"

She had to almost yell now, because the waves were hitting the rock with an almost fascinating force.

No. No she hadn't. But goddamn, he loved this. Because that was quintessentially his life with Lili. Everyday he discovered something new about her. Everyday was a little adventure in itself.

Sunday

Their last day started with heavy rain drops streaming down their window. Or in other words: It was a stay-in-bed-and-snuggle-until-noon-day. They had ordered breakfast and Lili was now happily sipping the last of her hot choclate.

"You know" she said, tugging at the edge of the douvet.

"You've really outdone yourself with this one."

"You think?" Cole grinned and pulled her closer again.

He breathed a kiss onto her hair.

"This Inn, the roses, the time it must have taken you to plan this.. It might come in a close second after Hawaii, but its definitely up there in the top 3 of our trips. And I really needed this. You know, getting away from the noise, relaxing a little. I didn't realize it, but I did need it. So.. thank you for that I guess. Thank you for knowing me better than I know myself sometimes."