Lazy Sunday

"This was probably the best idea ever" Cole mumbled lazily, while he scrolled through his phone.

Lili lifted her head from his chest for a second. Ever since the Grammys had started, she had been glued to the screen, commenting on outfits, songs and Make Up. Cole enjoyed watching her this relaxed, giggling about the stupid jokes he made now and then. Their decision to stay in and spend their Sunday snuggled up on the couch had been a good one. Especially thinking about what the week ahead had in store for them, regarding work and 15-hour-shoots.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"This" he mumbled. "Staying in all day"

She nestled her head into his chest and he felt her lips turn up into a smile.

"So you are not bored out of your mind, having to watch a stupid award show with me?"

He couldn't help but smirk. It was true, he wasn't really into all these fancy award shows. Hell, he wasn't into any award show really. Maybe he had been to too much of them. Maybe it was just the shallowness and the fake glamour. He didn't know and quite frankly he didn't care that much.

But this was Lili, snuggling and tons of junkfood. He would sit through a million award shows if it meant that he got some time alone with her.

Their phones had been buzzing all day, mostly people suggesting plans. They had ignored all of them. The farest they had walked had been to the fridge and back. And it still felt like the most relaxing thing he had done in weeks.

He put his phone down, grinning to himself. If you'd ask him two years ago, he never thought that he would enjoy a rainy Sunday so much. Rainy sundays had been his nightmare. Not that there had been much in California, but nonetheless, when they happend, they had bored him to death. He had always urged to go outside, discover things, explore the world around him, later capturing it with his camera.

Now rainy Sundays had become the perfect excuse to not move an inch. And he loved every part of it.

A while later, he got up to get something out of the fridge and when he came back to the living room a commercial break had just started. Lili had sat up, her phone in hand and was (from what he could see) trying out various Instagram filters.

He rose his eyebrow, but before he could utter a word, she lifted her hand.

"I know I know. They are shit and not worth a picture. But they are fun, look."

She picked one, snapped a photo of herself and showed it to him. He knew that filter, it was the one that looked like one ray of sunshine fell over the persons face. He had to admit that it suited her. It brought out her eyes, made them even more piercing, even more green, maybe even more beautiful, but he wasn't sure that was possible.

"Nah" he said. "We can get a better one"