Chapter Forty (40)

Chapter 40

*Editing*

Krysten’s P.O.V

I was sitting down on the second floor of the hospital like every day now. I just sit down here while Hunt sees his dad. I want to go up and see him as well, but I honestly do not feel comfortable. I feel like I am out of place. Nate left two days ago back to New York to see his grandma and had some work to do. He has not called much lately, maybe because he is busy as usual. I rubbed my eyes it was 7:00 am and I was a little tired but I cannot sleep for some reason. Mom still did not call me since the incident I guess she understood that I need my space. I looked down at my phone and noticed I had a text message that I did not notice. I clicked it and it was from Nate.

“Hey Krys! I was wondering if you can come down to NY because my grandma is sick and she wants to see you! I am afraid she might die; she is at her mansion since it was most comfortable for her. You can bring Hunter with you too, if you want.  Please come, I need someone by my side! Nate x.”

I looked at the message and I was shocked what could have happened to her. I went upstairs to tell Hunter about Nate’s grandma. I ran up the stairs and to his father’s room. I knocked the door and waited for someone to open the door. His mom opened the door and nodded her head.

“Hi.” I said simply as I entered the room and looked at dad. He just looked helpless and pale. I wonder when he will wake up and hopefully he would explain why he left.

 “Hello Krysten.” She replied as she sat down beside her husband.

“Listen. I am sorry about the other day. I was in shock and I did not mean to let it out on you. I just…I am really sorry.” She apologized as she sighed and looked outside the window.

“It is fine…” I replied quietly as I sighed.

“Hey Krys.” Hunter mumbled waking up from a nap on the sofa.”

“Hey Hunt, sleep well?” I asked him as he stood up and stretched.

“Kind of, my back is stiff.” He complained, as he chuckled.

“I bet.” I replied as I remembered the text from Nate.

 “Hey, um Nate messaged me and told me his grandma is sick and she wants to see me. I want to go but I am not sure.” I told him as I sat down on the chair to the right of the hospital bed.

“Oh, you want me to go with you?” Hunter asked as he looked at me.

“If you do not want to leave your dad and mom, it is fine. I will just book an emergency flight back to New York.” I replied back to him.

“If that is okay with you, then sure.”

“Yeah I am going to do that. Hopefully everything is okay back home. I hope I do not run into mom though.” I whispered the end more to myself but I guess Hunter heard.

“It will be fine Krys, Nate is with you there and I will drive there soon anyway so do not worry.” He replied back with a smile playing on his face.

“I guess, thanks Hunter.” I mumbled.

“You guys hungry?” Hunt asked as he looked at his phone then back at us.

“Not really, thanks. Ma’am?” I questioned.

“A coffee would be good thanks dear.” She replied as she pulled her hair up in a ponytail.

“Alright I am going to get the coffee.” Hunter said as he made his way to the door.

“Me too, I need to go book a ticket.” I told them as I stood up and said my goodbye and made my way to the lobby where there was WIFI.