Chapter Thirty-Eight (38)

Chapter 38

*Editing*

Samantha’s P.O.V

It all happened so quickly. I was being chased by a group of people attempting to hurt me. I kept running and running until I felt my legs burn. I could not stop, they will get me. I prayed and prayed that someone saves me. I ran into a person and I looked up and there in front of me stood Mrs. Kortin.

I gulped and stepped back. She is the woman in charge of my kidnapping and the killing of Ben. She had an evil smirk and began to laugh loudly as she approached me. I felt surrounded I had nowhere to run or escape. I began to cry and begged them not to hurt me.

 Then I saw my mother and Ben there standing and smiling at me sadly. How is that possible? I thought they were dead. “Mom? Ben?” I questioned. They just smiled at me as if they were telling me that everything was going to be okay. Slowly they began to fade. “No mom! Please wait. I beg you; do not leave again, please! Ben, you cannot leave again either please I am sorry, I am so sorry!” I shouted and cried.

Mrs.Kortin and her men stood there laughing at me and were about to hurt me. I began to scream and cry for help. She got a gun and pointed it at me…

“Samantha, wake up dear! Samantha, please! She is burning up! How did they not see her run!” I heard a familiar man voice growl, but I could not comprehend who the voice belonged to.

“No leave me alone! I want my mom, please.” I mumbled back and tried to find her but it was too dark.

“Sam, open your eyes.” A female voice pleaded. Open my eyes? I am not sleeping, this is real. Mom is not dead, how am I supposed to open them?

“Mrs.Kortin please do not hurt me…I am sorry for running.” I mumbled back to her, as I felt something cold on my forehead.

“Sammy I beg you open your eyes, come on try sweetie. Please!” A voice pleaded. I tried to open my eyes, although I thought they were not closed in the first place.

After couple attempts my eyes began to open and everything was a blur. So all that was a nightmare, and mom and Ben are not here, they are actually dead.

“Thank god! Do not do that again! Do you hear me?!” A voice shouted. My head was pounding and everything was blurry.

“Where am I?” I asked confused as my vision was slowly becoming clear.

“At home, you are safe now.” The same voice said.

“I am at Arizona?” I asked confused.

“No honey, you are with us at the gang house.” The voice repeated. Why am I at a gang house?

“What, why am I here?” I asked confused and worried.

“You ran away for some reason and we found you in the middle of nowhere freezing to death. You could have got hurt Sam. Why would you do that?” The voice asked sadly.

“I-I do not remember that part… All I remember is mom and Ben dying…” I replied confused.

Finally my vision has returned and I looked around. They all looked familiar and then it clicked. Everything came back rushing and my head began to spin. That dream. Mrs.Kortin is after me and she wants me dead. I shivered at the thought and looked around making sure she was not in here.

“You alright?” Marcus asked as he sat on the edge of the coffee table.

“Yeah…I saw mom…in my dream.” I replied back and closed my eyes hoping I would see her again but nothing.

“I am sure she is looking over you, Sam.” He replied with a small smile.

“I hope.” I said simply with no eye contact. Maybe she is my guardian angel. I miss you so much. She might be looking over me. I looked up and smiled perhaps she can see me now, and returning the smile.

“Here, drink this tea it will help with your headache and take these pills.” Lauren said as she placed it on the coffee table beside me.

“Thanks…” I replied back with a smile.

“You were screaming and crying in your sleep…did you have a nightmare?” Lauren asked as she sat down on the sofa beside my feet.

“I-I do not want to talk about it right now…” I answered her, not wanting to talk about the nightmare or remember it.

“Fair enough, whenever you want to talk about it we are here.” She said. I nodded my head and then I remembered something I wanted to do for awhile now.

“Um can I please call Nate…?” I asked unsure of how they are going to react.

“I am sure I guess… just do not tell him about us yet. Until the time is right we will inform him okay Sam.” Dylan replied this time with worry.

“Sure, not a problem…” I replied as I sat up and drank some of the tea as I took the medication.

“Here, use this phone to call him.” Lauren said as she handed the phone to me.

I nodded my head and began to dial his number. I was so nervous; I have not talked to him in so long. I placed the phone on my ear and waited for him to answer.

“Hello.” Nathaniel answered. My heart began to race and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I miss him so much. I can finally hear his voice and talk to him about everything that happened.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!