Chapter Thirty-Six (36)

Chapter 36

*Editing*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

Grandma has been calling for days now. I just do not answer her anymore. It is supposed to be Krys and I’s wedding, in couple of days but we called it off between us only, no one really knows except for Hunter. I want to keep it this way until everything settles down. It has been almost three weeks and there is no sign of Sam. I am afraid something bad has happened or worse dead.

I shook my head from that thought and decided to leave this hotel room and visit Hunter’s dad. I stood up and put on my jacket as I made my way out of the hotel and into my car.

I arrived ten minutes later and asked the receptionist where Hunter’s dad, Brandon’s room was and I was on my way. I found the room number and knocked the door. A woman in her forties opened the door. She had dark circles under her eyes and they were red, which I am guessing is from crying.

“Hello. I am Nate, Hunter’s friend.” I replied with sincere and sorrow.

“Hi, I am his mother. Please come in, Hunter went to get some stuff, he will be back shortly.” She replied as she made space from in front of the door for me to enter.

“Alright thank you. It is nice to meet you ma’am.” I replied back softly.

She just nodded her head and made her way back to the chair beside her husband’s bed.

“How are you?” I asked her although I already know how she is going to reply.

“I am okay, I guess. Thank you.” She replied as she kept her eyes on her husband.

I nodded my head not knowing what to say. I was not sure if I should ask about her husband’s condition.

We sat down for a bit and it was quiet, only hearing the sounds that the heart monitor was making.

After a while the door of the room opened and revealed Hunter. He smiled at his mother and gave her a hug. Hunter then turned to me and he had a big smile on his face as he nodded his head. I returned the gesture back with a small hello.

“Thanks for coming and visiting Nate.” Hunter said as he sat down beside me on the sofa.

“It is no problem. How is he doing?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Okay I guess, still no response. Hopefully soon.” He replied back with a sad smile.

“He will get better, he is a strong man. Oh by the way where is Krys?” I asked remembering I did not see her since I got here.

“She is in the lobby. She will be up shortly.” He replied.

“Okay.” I replied back and smiled at him.

“How long have you two known each other?” Hunter’s mom asked randomly as she looked at both of us.

“Couple months, mom, I met him from Krys.” Hunter answered her. She looked at him for couple seconds but then nodded as she returned her gaze at her husband.

“Yeah, Hunter is a great guy!” I added and smiled at her.

“Just like his father…” She said as she closed her eyes and smiled.

“I am sure he is just like him.” I told her. Couple seconds later I saw Krys standing at the door as she gently knocked.

“Come in Krys!” Hunter said as he smiled at his sister.

“Hello everyone.”She said quietly as she made her way and sat beside her brother.

“Hello dear…” Hunter’s mother replied with… unsurely?

“Hey Krys!” I replied with enthusiasm as I smiled at her. She just nodded her head and looked at her father with sad eyes. I felt really bad for her. She has no one left if something happened to this man. Well she has Hunter but no one else. Her own mother is just a mess and seems to dislike Krysten for some reason, although she is her own daughter.

I shook my head at the thought and looked at everyone. I feel so bad for them, just like I do for myself. I sometimes think I should call grandma and see what she needs but then I do not want to because she is different and hangs out with Jessica. But she is still the one took care of me when I had no one. I took out my cell phone and saw the amount of missed calls I received from her, almost a hundred. I think I am going to call her back.

I excused myself and went to call grandma in the hall way. I waited for her reply but it went to voice mail. I tried again but she still did not call back. Is she okay? Maybe I should go back and see if everything is alright .I will go tomorrow morning, maybe Sam is back too? I hope she is back and okay.

“Everything alright mate?” Hunter asked as he looked at me curiously.

“Yeah… Man” I replied unsure what is happening nowadays everything is tearing apart, one after another. It seems like the next day is always a new surprise. New surprises, which I am not looking forward to discover since they always seem to be unwelcoming and harsh.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!