Chapter Twenty-One (21)

Chapter 21

*Editing*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

I paid the expenses, apologized to the manager and made my way out of the office to call Hunter.

He probably does not want to talk to me but I need to apologize again although he wanted me to call his sister and apologize to her not him.

I decided to do that and give Krysten a call to apologize and see what we are going to do with all this wedding and engagement.

I dialed her number and waited for her to reply.

“Hello.” I heard her voice from the other line.

“Hi Krysten.” I replied trying not to sound awkward.

“Hey Nathaniel, why did you call? Do you need something, because it seems you only talk when I call or when you need something?” She said but I could tell the pain in her voice.

“Um well I need to talk to you. Can we meet up somewhere?” I asked.

After a while she replied, “Okay where do you want to meet up?”

I smiled, and answered her, “How about we meet up today at 9 at Helen’s Restaurant. I will pick you up?”

“Okay, see you then Nathaniel.” She replied and hanged up before I got a chance to reply to her. I feel awful really awful.

I hate my grandma and her mom for making us get married and hurting each other and everyone around us.

*****

It was 8:55 pm and I was almost at Krysten’s mansion. I arrived and waited for her to come out.

After a while she came out wearing simple jeans a plain red long sleeve shirt with a jacket on and her blonde hair was up in a bun. She had no makeup on well except some light lipstick and mascara. She was not dressed up like her usual self. Yep, she is really upset and I do not blame her.

“Hello Nathaniel.” She said simply as she opened the door of my Cadillac and sat down in the passenger seat.

“Hey Krys.” I replied back at her smiling hoping she would smile, but she didn’t.

I cleared my throat and drove to the restaurant, we said nothing to each other the whole ride.

One we arrived I got out of first so I could open the door for her but she was already out, she did not wait for me to open it for her. I sighed and walked up to her and we walked in the restaurant together.

“Reservation for Nathaniel Lee.” I told the waitress standing at the door.

“Yes follow me sir and ma’am.” She replied as she went to a table beside the window.

“Thank you.” I replied as we both sat down and of course Krys did not let me pull out her chair for her.

“Can I get you both drinks?” she asked.

“Cola is fine for me, Krysten?” I asked as I looked at her.

“Water is fine, thank you.” She replied quietly. The waitress nodded her head and went to get our drinks.

“What do you want Nathaniel?” She asked me as she looked outside the window.

“I wanted to um to talk to you.” I said stuttering not knowing how to tell her that it is best if we ended this whole marriage.

She raised an eyebrow at me and nodded her head for me to continue.

“Um well I was thinking that it is best if we…” I got cut off by the waitress handing out our drinks and asking us what we wanted to eat.