Chapter Twenty-Six (26)

Chapter 26

Marcus’s P.O.V

*Editing*

Samantha looked at me shocked and she appeared to be in lost of words to say. I do not blame her but I hope she would say something, anything.

“Samantha…” I said looking at her, “say something please.” I pleaded with her. She just stood there not moving.

“Y-ou are him?” She finally said something and looked away.

“You are the one that made me get picked on by people at school for not having a dad? You are the one I cried for when I needed my dad?  You are the one that left without a good bye? You are the one that made me…I am out of here.” Samantha said as she tried to push me out of the way but I did not budge. I will not let her out of here and let her get hurt on my watch.

“I am sorry honey, I cannot do that.” I told her with sympathy in my voice.

“Move.” She demanded getting angry with me but I did not listen to her.

I looked at Dylan and Lauren they gave me an apologetic look and I returned my gaze at my daughter.

“You know I cannot…” I was trying to repeat myself but she cut me off.

“Yes you can and now move or you will regret it! Do you hear me?!” She shouted pointing a finger at me, while shaking. Samantha was mad I know but I could see that she was also upset.

“I am sorry Samantha will you please just let me explain what happened and why I could not be there!” I said loudly not intending to shout but she won’t listen to me.

“No…” she whispered and looked away from me.

“I am going to leave now, I am sorry but I cannot be here. My mom needs me, good-bye.” Samantha said and went around me and tried to open the door.

I quickly snapped out of my trace and stopped her. I put my hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her away from the door.

“Listen, I know you are mad at me. I just need you to stay here because if you go out there you could get kidnapped and hurt again. Please believe me Sam. You can hate me and never talk to me after this is all over, but you need to trust me right now. Please!” I begged her.

“I am going to go back to that room. Do not follow me. I want to be alone…please.” She said as she made her way back to the room, which is her room but she doesn’t know yet.

“ Okay…But are you not hungry?” I asked her.

She just shook her head and continued walking upstairs. I sighed and went to sit down on the sofa.

“Give her time bro, she is in shock. She will come around.” Dylan said as he patted my shoulder and smiled.

“I hope so, thank you.” I told him as I looked up at the ceiling thinking of how I can get Samantha to forgive me.

“I will go make her something to eat and I will talk to her. Hopefully she will listen to me.” Lauren said as she smiled at us and walked to the kitchen to fix something to eat for Samantha.

“Thanks Lauren means a lot.” I smiled back at her.

****

Lauren has gone upstairs for awhile to give Samantha her food and to talk to her. Hopefully she will listen to her and give me chance to talk to her.

“He cares!? He did not even send me a message not a private one between the both us. I probably would have kept it a secret from my mom. But, no he didn’t care!” I heard Samantha tell Lauren as she cried.