Chapter Thirty-Nine (39)

Chapter 39

*Editing*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V

“Hello Nate…” That voice sounded so familiar…Samantha!!

“Oh my god, Sam is that you?” I asked not believing my ears.

“Yeah it’s me Nate.” She replied back, I could imagine her smiling right now.

“Where are you? Where you kidnapped? I do not know…” I kept rambling not sure what question to ask first.

“I am fine; it is a long story Nate. Listen I want to meet up with you it is important.” She said sounding serious.

“Okay, sure. When and where?” I asked as I stood up off my couch and started to pace back and forth. I returned back home early in the morning today. It was noon now.

“I will call you again later, but please do not tell anyone I called, Nate.” She told me. I nodded my head although she could not see me.

“Of course I won’t. Call soon though, please.” I told her.

“I will, take care, Nate.”  Samantha replied as she hanged up.

I could not believe it she called, she is okay! I was very happy I started jumping up and down which made me look ridiculous, thankfully no one was around. I quickly changed my outfit into sweat pants and black t-shirt with some running shoes as I threw on my jacket and hat.

 I made my outside the door and the wind blew in my face making me squint my eyes. I locked the door and ran to my car, I was not sure where I was going but all I know is that I am happy.

I drove around town and without noticing I drove by Sam’s apartment. I looked at and smiled, I miss her but I am happy she is okay. I was parked outside of her apartment for a while and someone knocked my window.

I snapped out of my trace and it was Mrs. Kortin? I took a deep breath and opened my car door and stepped out. She looked at me with a smirk and leaned against my car door.

“Hello Nate.” She greeted as she looked at Sam’s apartment and back at me.

“Hello.” I replied back with no enthusiasm in my voice.

“What are you doing here by Sam’s apartment?” She asked as she adjusted her hat on her head.

“Nothing, what about you Jessica?”  I reverted the answer back at her with my eyebrow raised.

“Just driving by and I saw you here.” She replied but I was not sure if I should even believe her.

“Silly Nate, waiting for the princess to arrive, huh? Well maybe you should be by your now dying grandma at her mansion.” She snarled at me and huffed as she walked away.

“What do you mean? Is she alright?” I asked with worry and concern. I began to panic maybe that is why she did not answer me?  She just shrugged as she disappeared between the cars.

 I quickly made my way to my car and sped to her mansion praying she is okay. I finally arrived and entered her mansion. The house was quiet and the maids were nowhere to be seen.

After a bit, I heard someone whimpering, it sounded like grandma? I quickly ran to the room where the sound was and I softly knocked as I opened the door and my eyes widen.

Grandma was tied up in a chair with her mouth taped shut. I looked around and there was guys standing there with guns, and the door was then locked close. I was then tackled to the ground and the guys took my keys and phone.

No, Sam might call, I need my phone. I tried to fight them off of me but there was too many of them. They took my phone and placed it in their pocket.

 I looked at grandma who had tears rolling down her cheeks and her heading shaking no. She looked at me and cried more, she had a red mark that looked like a hand.

“Who in the world slapped my grandma!?!” I growled at them and I tried to attack them but they pushed me back down.

“What do you want from us? Let us go!” I screamed at them but one of them just came up to me and kicked me in the stomach. I let out a hiss and bit my lip.

Grandma was attempting to get out of the ropes but one of the guys punched her.

“Do not hurt her! If you want to hurt someone, do it to me…not her.” I replied quietly as I looked at grandma she shook her head no.

“Aww, well is this not so cute! Little family reunion...Or should I say, not really a family reunion. If you know what I mean Melissa” A familiar voice said behind us. I turned around and my eyes widen. Why did I not figure this was trap all along? Why would she take my grandma though I thought they were friends?

“What do you want from me Jessica?” I growled at her.

She slapped me and replied, “Do not talk to me that way!”

I grabbed my face where she has just slapped and whimpered from the pain. She slaps really hard.

“What do you want from us?” I asked her.

“Oh Nate, you know nothing. You are just pathetic.” She snarled at me.

“Know what, huh? Enlighten me then, Jessica.” I told her as I tried to stand up but one of the guys pushed me back down.

“Oh dear, there is so much you do not know. Where should I start, Heidi?” She said as she looked at grandma.

“Heidi?” I asked confused. Grandma kept shaking her head no at Jessica. Jessica just laughed evilly as she smirked.

“Yes, that would be Melissa’s real name. Heidi John.” She replied back.

“What-t do you mean…? I am lost.” I asked not sure what was going on.

“Oh dear, she is not your real grandma. She took you in when your parents went to jail for revenge against them. She wanted to hurt you in order to hurt them. They are our rival gang. Surprise, surprise.” She said as she laughed. I shook my head as tears began to fall freely.

“Why? Why would you do that to me! I-I, tell me that you are lying to me!!” I growled as I cried. I thought she actually loved me and wanted me because I was her grandson and she loved me.

I felt vulnerable and lost felt like I was a child again living through all the hardships from the beginning.

“Do not let that get to you. There is more where that comes from.” Jessica said as she continued to laugh.

“What could be worse? Huh, tell me!” I shouted as I tried to calm down but nothing was helping.

“Where is Krysten?” She asked all of a sudden.

“I do not know…” I replied not wanting to get her hurt in the process.

“Oh you do not want to tell me…okay I will just text her and tell her to come…from your phone. You all ruined the plan I wanted to do, oh well change of plan. I will do it this instead seems to be easier anyway.”She laughed as she began to leave the room. No she cannot bring her here and hurt her. Sam might call and she might lure her in as well.

“No stop you crazy woman!! I hate you; I hate all of you people!” I shouted as I tried to attack her but the other guys pushed me back down.

I looked at grandma and she was crying so much. I did not know what to say or feel anymore. I was numb, what other things that Jessica said could be worse than this that I just heard.

“Why?” I whispered to her as I looked away not wanting to look at her anymore at this time

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!