Chapter Twenty-Seven (27)

Chapter 27

Hunter’s P.O.V

*Editing*

I woke up to a sudden phone call. I looked at my alarm clock and it was 11 pm. Who would call now, I picked up my cell phone and it said ‘Mom.’ I quickly picked up.

“Hey mom is everything okay?” I asked as I sat up on my bed.

“ Honey…” Her voice sounded hoarse as if she was crying.

“Mom what is wrong?” I asked now fully awake and anxious.

“Honey you need to come home, you-r dad was in a car accident and he is in surgery now. I need you please.” She said crying so hard.

“W-what! When did this happen, I am on my way mom. I’ll be there in two  or three hours I promise. I am leaving now.” I said as I hanged up and quickly got dressed. I decided to give Krysten a call and ask if she wants to come with me. I did not want to keep her here alone.

I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

“Hello Hunt.” I heard Krys answer. It sounded as if she has not slept yet.

“Hey Krys, I am going to leave back home because, because dad got into an accident. Do you want to come?” I asked hoping she would answer. I really do not want to drive alone either. She did not answer quickly but after awhile she did.

“I –I am sorry Hunt. Of course I will come with you and by your side little brother. I will be ready can you pick me up?”She asked, I smiled happy she is joining me.

“For sure, see you in ten.” I said as I quickly got my keys off the counter and my jacket as I made my way to the car. While driving I began to cry, what if I do not see my dad again? Tears started to pour out of my eyes and I finally arrived at Krysten’s house. She was waiting outside and when she saw me she quickly ran to me and I got out of the car and hugged her.

“He’s going to be okay Hunt.” She whispered as she hugged me and I felt tears damp my shirt. Is she crying?

“Krys? You okay?” I asked as I wiped her tears.

“Y-yeah I just, well I was hoping to meet him one day. I just do not want to not see him.” She said with a sad smile.

“You will Krys, he loves you.” I told her as I gave her a quick hug then we got back into the car because it was going to be a long drive. She nodded her head, and whispered, more to herself, but I heard it, “me too.”

“Is your mom home?” I asked her as I kept my eyes on the road.

“No, she has not been home for the past two days. I am scared she is up to no good Hunt.” I heard her say.

“You will be okay Krys, I promise I won’t let her cause any harm to you.” I promised her as I looked quickly at her and smiled and then turned my attention to the road. I promised that to dad too and I will not break it. I hope you are okay dad, please hang in there. I love you and Krys needs you, please.

“Thanks Hunt.” She said as she placed her head on the window and looked outside the window into her own little world.

“You’re welcome.” I replied but she did not hear me.

****

Hours passed and we finally arrived it was now almost 3 am, and Krys was asleep. I parked the car and shook her gently to wake her up.

“Krys, get up we are here.” I told her softly. She jumped up quickly and looked around.

“Huh, what happened?” She replied panicking. I chuckled at her and shook my head.