Chapter Thirty (30)

Chapter 30

~~*Dont forget to listen to the song posted on the side while reading the chapter! Thank you and I hope you enjoy it!! :)*~~

*Editing*

Samantha’s P.O.V

I woke up in the same room I was in the first day I got here. I actually feel much better and awake. I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 6:08 am. I woke up early because I slept so much yesterday. I got out of bed and took some new clothes from the closet and went to take a shower. I entered the bathroom and looked at the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red from crying so much yesterday and from that awful nightmare I dreamt, well more like a flashback.

My dad, I mean Marcus actually comforted me and to be honest it was nice being held by him, I felt kind of safe. Although, I cannot let my guard down and forgive him quickly. I need some time to actually think about it and maybe listen to his side of the story.

After I took my shower, I brushed my teeth and hair as I placed it in a high bun. I wore a grey t-shirt with black skinny jeans. I made my way downstairs to eat something because I am not going to lie I am starving. I walked downstairs and as my foot hit the ground the floor, for some reason I remembered Nathaniel. I wonder how he is doing and if he forgot me. I wonder if he is looking for me and still loves me. Although, I doubt it because he is with Krysten.

 I sighed and was about to enter the living room when I heard people talking. Wow, they wake up early and then they said something that made me wonder what they were talking about. I heard them mention my name and Marcus saying that they should not tell me now. I, being curious, I walked in and asked, “Tell me what?”

“Oh Sam, you are up early. How did you sleep after that nightmare?” Marcus asked as he tried to cover the television screen and with concern.

I narrowed my eyes at him and tried to look at the screen, “Good… Why are you trying to cover the screen from me?” I asked as I tried to take a look at it.

“M-me? No I was not I am just standing here.” He said with smile.

“Sure…” I replied not believing him, of course.

“Then let me see what is on right now, it is the news right? I love to watch it in the morning. Let me see what they are talking about. I feel like I have been away from the world for so long, might as well watch it.” I said and sighed.

“Nah, it is very boring anyway nothing is on. You hungry we should have breakfast, yeah?” Marcus said as he turned off the television. Okay he for sure is hiding something and I am going to figure it out right now.

“Umm maybe later. I really want to watch the news.” I replied as I turned the television back by using the remote on the coffee table.

“I was thinking actually we should work out. It is the morning and it is good to stay fit.” He said as he turned off the television and started to flex.

“Uhh, you are flexing… Not working out Marcus.” I told him as I raised an eye brow.

“Oh, right.” He replied as he started to do push-ups. I shook my head and turned on the television. He was too busy doing pushups to notice. I looked at the screen and I could not believe my eyes.

The news was about a fire that happened and killed everyone, and it was my house in Arizona. I stared at the screen not believing my eyes. Is this what he was trying to hide from me?

“Sam, you should…Sam?” I heard Marcus say.

“Shit” He cursed quietly and stood up beside me.

“Samantha, I am so sorry dear, I…” He told her but I cut him off.

“They are dead? Mom is gone, like she is not coming back? I did not get a chance to tell her I love you again, I did not get a chance to hug her and be in her arms. I…No, she is not dead. This has to be a joke. Tell me this is a joke; please tell me this is joke.” I looked up at him with tears pooling in my eyes, begging him to tell me this is some type of prank.

“I am so sorry Sammy, they are gone.” He whispered as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

“No, no they are not gone. Don is at work, Marissa is getting ready for school and mom is packing her lunch. Do not be silly Marcus they are okay.” I told him as I began to laugh then I fell onto the ground sobbing my heart out. They are gone, and I did not get a chance to say good- bye!

Marcus’s P.O.V

Tears started to fall down on my cheeks and I closed my eyes. I sat on the floor beside Samantha and I pulled her into my chest, as I rocked her back and forth.

“Shhh, it is okay Samantha. It is okay darling, I got you, sweetie.” I cooed as I rubbed her back.

“I-t is not o-okay they are gone. They are not coming back! I have no one anymore. ” She whispered as she cried.

“Shh, it will be okay, I promise Hun. You got me; I will never leave you…again.” I told her as she continued to sob into my shirt as she clutched on to it.

“Calm down sweetie, you are going to be okay.” Lauren stepped in and said as she rubbed Samantha’s back.

“H-how did the fire start?” Sam asked as she had more tears falling.

“They are saying it was an accident.” I told her as I kept her close.

“Why does this have to happen? Why could it not been me. I want to die, please let me die to be with mom. I want to die, please!” She said as she tried to get out of my grip but she was too weak against my grip.

“Relax Sammy! You need to calm down; you do not want to die dear!” I said as I tried to keep my anger inside. I need to try and keep calm before my anger gets out of the roof.

“No let me go now!” She said as she attempted to get out of my grip again.

“Stop!!” I growled at her. She stopped and did not say a word. I sighed and rubbed her back, “you need to calm down Sam, you are going to hurt yourself please darling.” She just stayed still and did not say anything.

 Damn I need to be gentler with her not snap like that again. I took couple deep breaths and did not say anything. I cannot believe Lisa is gone, the only woman I loved is gone and I couldn’t save her. My eyes began to tear once again but I wiped them quickly not wanting Sam to see me cry. I need to be strong for her.

“I need to call someone please! Can I please call someone?” Samantha asked as she kept her eyes close trying to stay calm.

“Who do you want to call honey?” I asked her gently.

“Nathaniel. Please.” She said. Lauren and Dylan’s head snapped up and looked at Samantha. Is she talking about the Nathaniel we know?

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!