Chapter Five (5)

Chapter 5 **Editing**

Samantha’s P.O.V:  Monday Night

We finally arrived to my apartment and he stopped his car in front of the building’s door. “Thank you Mr. Lee, good night.” I replied simply and to the point. I got too comfortable with him before and I should have not done that, he is my boss. I sighed softly and opened the door. Oh no am I falling in love with him, I can’t, first he is my boss and he will never love a girl like me.

Also, my past with guys has not been the best especially with my ex-fiancé, Robert. We loved each other so much; we met in high school and dated until college. We decided to get married when we both turned 20 since we were the same age. We got engaged and decided to get married the following summer after our engagement but he decided to cheat on me with someone a month before our wedding.

I was heartbroken he was my world, my everything, but I guess we were not meant to be. He decided to marry the girl he cheated on me with and he actually invited me to his wedding with a note that was attached with the invitation that said that we were not meant to be and he hoped I would understand that he was not at fault and it was not written in the stars. I was in shock for a long time until it hit me and I locked myself in my room blaming myself that I couldn’t love him and I never knew how to make him happy. It took me almost a year to get over him since we have been together for almost six years.

“Goodnight Samantha, sleep well. See you tomorrow.” Nathaniel broke me from my train of thoughts while he smirked and nodded his head.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” I replied as I closed the door of his car slowly and made my way to my apartment it was almost 10 pm and I was beyond exhausted, I just wanted to sleep since I have to be up early again tomorrow. I need to avoid him, and only talk to him when it concerns work, I cannot risk my job and more importantly my heart.

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:  Monday Night

Hmm, that was weird Samantha got all quiet towards the end, did I say something that made her upset, I really hope not. Damn! Now I really need to know why she got quiet, I will probably ask her tomorrow when I see her.

Today Krysten visited and she automatically started acting like she has been working here for years and as if we are love birds. I just played a long for the sake of my grandma although I do not think I can keep this going for long since it is not fair to play with Krysten’s emotions and mine since my love towards her is not real and it will never be, unfortunately. Krysten is almost like me, we both work hard and love to be first in everything, both possessive of the things we want and love. I need someone completely different than me, since they say opposites attract, like magnets, right? I wonder if I ever will find someone like that, someone that will love and accept me for who I am not for who I am portrayed as, because sometimes I feel lonely and helpless, which is something no one knows about me.

I unlocked the door of my mansion and stepped inside, the tiles were cold, as if I have left the windows opened. I looked inside and of course, the windows in my living room were wide open. I sighed as closed them and lay on the sofa and stared at the ceiling thinking of Sam. Wow did I just call her that and why does my heart hurt when I think of her, and I keep getting butterflies in my stomach, am I falling in love with her? No I am not it’s probably because I am hungry and tired I can’t fall for her. We are both from different worlds, yes we are opposites but I can’t love her, I just cannot. I decided to go and make something to eat since I am hungry, I went to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator and took out some leftover chicken salad from yesterday, heated it up, and ate it while reading some reports from work that I never got a chance to look at today. While looking at the reports I stumbled upon a file that had Samantha’s name and just reading her name made my heart jump once again. I should go to sleep, it’s probably the lack of sleep that is causing me to act this way.

Samantha’s P.O.V:  Next  Day - Tuesday

I woke up early again this morning of course I had work! I turned off my alarm that was ringing in my ear for the past ten minutes. I got up and went to take a warm shower before another long day of work. After showering I wore my black dress pants, a yellow blouse and my black high heels to match my outfit. I straightened my hair, applied a little mascara and eyeliner. Lastly, I put some red lipstick on to keep my look classic and quickly ran downstairs grabbed my house keys. I decided to go to Tim Hortons on my way to work and grab a bagel and coffee.

After I got my breakfast, I decided to eat at my office while working since I have no time to eat then go to work, I will be late. I quickly ran inside the building and to my office, once I arrived safely in one piece, I sat down and ate my breakfast fast I was really hungry this morning. I finished my bagel and took my time to drink my coffee. I started to answer phone calls and fill out reports for the financial aspect of the business. While working I got a message on my email that I use for work. I opened it thinking it is someone that has to offer something to the company. I opened up the email and it read:

“Dear Samantha, how are you? You do not know me but I know you. I have been watching you for a while now and I did not know how to communicate with you. I thought this was the best way so you do not figure out who I am. You might think I am a stalker but I am not, well almost not. Ha-ha, see you soon Sam. Really soon my dear.

With Love,

X”

While reading this message I got shivers down my spine who is this person and what do they want from me! I quickly closed my email as I heard a knock on the door of my office.

“C-Come in” I called while stuttering, that message is getting to me. I took a deep breath as whoever was behind the door opened it. I closed my eyes and re-opened them to see Mrs. Lee standing in front of me. I quickly scrambled to my feet and greeted her.

“G-good morning, Mrs. Lee! How are you?” I asked stumbling on my words. I was in so much shock right now; I don’t even know what to do.

“Good morning Samantha, I am doing well, yourself?” She asked as she sat down on the chair and gestured me to sit down as well.

“I-um, well, I am doing great thank you!” I replied as I sat down quickly.

“You alright, Samantha?” She questioned observing my actions cautiously.

“Excellent Mrs. Lee, thank yo-u.” I tried to reply confidently but my voice cracked in the end.

“Alright, if there is something wrong you know you can tell me.”She said.

“Nothing is wrong Mrs. Lee, thank you.” I replied this time clearly.

“Well, anyway, I came here to inform you that Mr. Lee’s fiancé to be, is going to be working here full time and she will be in charge as well. Make sure you welcome her once you see her. Okay?” She asked. Mr. Lee? Does she mean Nathaniel?

“Mr. Lee as in Nathaniel, Mrs. Lee.” I asked simply.

“Of course who else would it be, remember be polite and welcome her once you see her.” She said as she left before letting me ask who his fiancé is and why did he not tell me he was getting married! Well, he does not have to but I thought maybe he liked me, I guess not. I should have held my guard since day one, I will never be with him because like I said we are both from different worlds. I leaned back in my chair thinking about what she has just told me and the email that was sent earlier.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

***

Comment,vote,and share!

Thank you!

-Mouna