Chapter Eleven (11)

Chapter 11 *Editing!*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

Why am I such a chicken’ I kept repeating over and over again as I entered my mansion and closed the door behind me.  It has been two days since I talked to Krysten and it is the night before my ‘engagement.’ Why can’t I just tell Krysten I do not love her and tell Samantha that she is the one that I love and want to marry? Why can’t I tell grandma that I do not want Krysten and be comfortable with that? Why do I feel like I can’t talk to her anymore? I have not talked to her in couple of weeks. Every time I call her it goes to voice mail and I do not know why. I keep thinking that I need to visit her maybe something is wrong but again what if she does not want to see anyone or maybe it’s just me? I took off my shoes and placed them in the closet near the door and took off my jacket and placed it in there as well. I entered the living room to check my phone for any voice mails or messages since I have not been sleeping here for couple of days. I have been sleeping at my office on the sofa because I just do not like coming home anymore.  In fact I do not know what is happening in this community or world, I have shut myself from everything and that is what I will be doing until tomorrow because it is my engagement. I looked at my phone and got a voice message and so I clicked play to hear it.

‘I am sorry.’ If you like to replay this message again please press one.” Someone  apologizing to me? It sounded like a man’s whisper. Who could this person be I never really fought anyone or at least I do not recall any fights? The only people that actually hurt me were my parents but it cannot be them because they are in prison and they have never contacted me and I really do not want them to. I ignored the message it is probably a wrong number. I went to my room and changed in to my pajamas and lay in bed as I stretched my body since it is a bit stiff from sleeping on the couch for so long. Today I met Krysten’s half brother Hunter and he is a great guy, he said that Krysten talks about me so much and he really wanted to meet his soon to be brother in law. I closed my eyes and imagined myself in a different world without all these problems a world filled with peace and serenity. Without even noticing I fill into a blissful sleep, a sleep I never had in awhile.

                                                          *****

The next morning came quickly, I was awoken by an annoying phone call at 7 a m in the morning and you guessed correctly, it was Krysten.

“Nate!! You still sleeping, get up we have to get ready early for our engagement today. I need to go get my nails done, my hair and you need to get ready too! I am going to be at your place in 30 minutes, be ready. Love you!” She said excitedly and hung up. I groaned as I forced myself out of bed and into the shower. I took a 20 minute shower since I do not have more time to spare. I put on a hoodie, sweat pants and running shoes since I will be wearing the suit later on. I ran downstairs and made some Nescafe and placed a bagel in my toaster oven as I looked over what I had to do today for the party. Once I finished my meal, I sat on the couch and as I sat down the door bell rang, it was Her. I opened the door and was faced with Krysten and her mother with Grandma.

“Good morning Honey, how are you?” Grandma asked as she kissed my cheek.

“Morning grandma.” I replied as I returned the kiss I was not in the mood of all of this. It is her fault for making us get married.

“Morning Nate!!” Krysten said as she hugged me. I felt bad for her because she loves me but I don’t.

“Morning Krysten, how are you?” I asked as I returned the hug and smiled at her.

“Nathaniel! How are you son in law to be?” Jessica said as she winked at me and smiled.

“Morning Mrs.Kortin, I am well, thank you.” I replied  and with a smile.