Chapter Thirty- Five (35)

Chapter 35

*Editing*

Samantha’s P.O.V

I opened my eyes and immediately looked at the clock on the wall it was now 8:23 am. Wow it is so early; I only took a small nap for about 20 minutes. I stood up and stretched as I looked outside. It was cloudy and the sky was gray, today is the first day of December. I looked outside and remembered my family that I lost yesterday. I still do not believe it until I see them. I wonder if they had made them a funeral or anything.

 I wish I could leave here and that is what I am going to do tonight. I am sorry but I need to go back to Arizona and see what has happened and get justice for my family. I will leave when everyone is a sleep tonight, I know Marcus, said that he wants to protect me from the harm that is against me but I cannot hide anymore I need to do something. If not for me but for my family that got burned, and something tells me it was not an accident. Someone plotted this and I will figure out whom and they are going to get it.

I stretched once again and made my way to the washroom to wash my face and head downstairs. I entered the living room but no one was sitting in there. I decided to check around and see if they are not around might as well run away now. I looked towards the door from the peek hole and I saw the guards standing outside and looking alert.

“Damn it.” I whispered to myself.

“Looking for something Sammy?” A voice startled me from behind.

I jumped up and let out a small scream. I turned around and saw Dylan standing there.

“Sorry did not mean to scare…” He was saying but got interrupted by Marcus running in and asking what just happened.

“I am okay, nothing happened.” I said and I looked down. Why does this have to happen to me!

“You sure, why did you scream?” He asked as he looked at me with concern.

“Nothing…” I said and took a deep breath.

“She was looking outside and I asked if she was looking for something. She did not notice so she kind of screamed.” Dylan said. I am never getting out of here.

“Were you trying to run away?” Marcus asked with an eyebrow raised.

“No…” I replied not sure what to say.

“Don’t try Hun; you won’t be able to the guys outside…” Marcus said but I cut him off.

“What if I wanted to go? You cannot hold me in here forever. I want to go back home to see my now dead family. I want to give them a proper funeral. I want to be there. You cannot stop me, neither can they!” I shouted as I looked away.

“Oh you want to run away and get killed, huh?!! You want to die too, well guess what sweetheart it is not going to happen on my watch, got it?!!” He shouted as he went up in my face. He is a really big guy. Almost double my height and size. I am not going to lie, I was scared of him. I nodded my head and gulped.

“I-am s-s-sorry Marcus. I will not say that again. Please do not hurt me.” I whimpered and looked away.

“S-am, I am sorry. No, no, no I am not going to hurt you. I promise, I just…sh*t.” He cursed quietly.

“I just do not want you hurt. I am sorry that I scared you, I just lost it.” He said as he looked at me with sorrow.

“I-its fine, just please do not do that again, I thought you were going to hit me.” I said as I looked away once again.

“I won’t hurt you Sam even if I get mad, I promise. I will try not to get angry in front of you again.” He said as he brought me into a hug. At first I just stood there, but then I returned the hug and sighed. He rubbed my back and kept mumbling sorry over and over again. I nodded my head, and closed my eyes and thought to myself, I am still going to attempt to run away.

I pulled out of the hug and looked at him; he had a sad smile on his face. He is a big guy but he has a heart like everyone else. Although, his temper is kind of out of the roof, and unexpected sometimes however he is still a good guy, I think at least.

“Let’s go eat some breakfast. Lauren made some good food today.” Dylan said as he ushered us to the dining room. Wow, when was the last time I ate?  The smell of food made my stomach grumbled.

“Oh! Hello dear, how did you sleep?” Lauren asked me with a smile as she put the food on the table.

“Good, thanks.” I whispered back not in the mood of talking. She smiled at me and beckoned me to have a seat so we could eat.

I nodded my head and sat on the chair farthest from all of them. I do not know why but I wanted to sit alone. They all took their seats and they looked at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

She placed a plate of food in front of me and I thanked her and began to eat I was very hungry. I ate all the pancakes quickly and fruit with the glass of milk in less than five minutes. They looked at me and laughed as they continued to eat.

I looked at Marcus and wondered why him and my mom broke up. Was I really the person to blame? I would ask my mom but she is gone now and forever. I miss her very much; I wish she did not die. I wonder if she was looking for me before all this happened. I want to hug her and not let go, I miss my mommy so much.

“Sam, you okay darling? You are crying.” Marcus asked as he looked at me with worry.

“I miss her…” I said as I felt tears roll down on my cheeks. I am crying again! Why do I always cry? I am just a mess!

“…Why did she have to die? I want to see her again Marcus for one time at least. I want to tell her that I am okay and that I will never forget her.” I whispered and looked down.

I heard a chair move and hands on my shoulders helping me to my feet and I was wrapped in a hug. I buried my face in the unknown person’s chest and cried my heart out. That person said nothing but kept me in a tight grip, hugging me. After a bit I felt water hit my hair, is that person crying as well? This the last day that I will cry, I will become stronger not for me but for my family. I will find out what actually happened and that will begin tonight,once I run away.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!