Chapter Twenty (20)

Chapter 20

*Editing*

Nathaniel’s P.O.V:

I arrived at Samantha’s apartment and knocked the door and waited for her to open the door. I knocked again and again. Come on Sam answer the door already! Where are you? I waited and then decided to call her maybe she is sleeping and cannot hear the door bell, although it is 6 pm.

No one answered, something is not right so I decided to do something I now I will regret. I broke the door down and entered her apartment, and looked around. She is nowhere to be seen, I knocked her bedroom door but no one answered is she passed out? I entered but she was not there. Something does not seem right, and I came to a conclusion that she is missing. I quickly got my phone out and dialed Hunter’s number.

“Hello, did you find her?” He replied.

“No she is not there Hunt, I think she is missing. I am going to call the police and report her missing.” I replied and sighed praying she is alright. I miss her so much.

“What do you mean Nate? I am on the way to her apartment. Wait before you hang up what is her address?” He asked nervously.

I gave him the address and hung up to call the police. I looked at the door and the manager is so going to make me pay for the door to get fixed, oh well.

I dialed the number and waited for the reply which came quickly.

“Police, how can I help you?” The operator answered.

“Hello, my name is Nathaniel Lee, and I am calling to report a missing person.” I replied as I sat down on the couch, in Sam’s living room.

“Alright Mr. Lee can you tell me the name of the person? Also when and how long they have been missing for?” He replied back.

“Samantha Fort is her name and she has been missing for more than a week now.” I replied back hurriedly.

“Do you know someone that would want to hurt or kidnap her sir?” He asked me. I sat there debating whether or not I should tell him about the emails she has been receiving from this X person. I decided not to say anything for now until I figure out more about this person.

“No sir, I don’t know.” I chocked  out, hoping that not telling him will not cause more harm to Samantha.

“Alright sir I will be sending down some officers to your location. May I please have the location?” He asked as he waited for my reply.

“Uh sure, of course. 342 Hulk Street. Third floor of David’s Apartment.” I replied back as I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Okay sir, thank you. Officers will be there shortly. Take care.” He said. I thanked him, then hanged up.

A while later Hunter arrived rushing in and examining the door. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

“Don’t ask I needed to get the door opened. I thought she was in here hurt or something.” I said as I sat down.

“You like her, a lot do you not Nate?” He asked me randomly. I was stunned he actually asked that to me.

“W-what do you mean Hunt?” I replied back avoiding his eyes but then I looked up at him.

I heard him chuckling and saw him shaking his head. “It is obvious Nate and do not deny it. Kyrs thinks and knows that too you know? She knows you do not like her. Why would you do that to my sister, huh? At least be honest with her you jerk! Why make her suffer more than what she already has to deal with.” He replied back to me with his face red trying his best not to beat me up.

“I-I did not mean to hurt your sister Hunt I swear. Her mother and grandma wanted us to get married. I fell for Samantha, and then Grandma made me marry Krys. She said I had no choice. I swear my last intentions were to hurt Krys.” I replied sighing and looking down.

“It is not me you need to apologize to Nate, it is Krys, and did you know that…” He got cut off by three officers walking into the room and examining the broken door.

“Um, hello officers.” I replied nervously as Hunter and I stood up.

“Good evening, I am Officer Ken, these are my partners Officers James and Lynda.” One of the officers introduced himself and his partners as he pointed to them.

Hunter and I nodded our heads and sat down again as the other three did so too.

“Nathaniel Lee. Which one of you is him?” Officer James asked as he looked at both of us.

“I am sir.” I replied as I looked at him.

“Alright so you called in a missing person. Am I correct?” He asked as he took out his notepad to write stuff down I am guessing.

“Yes sir, Samantha Fort. This is her apartment she has been missing for more than a week.I came here and I thought she was in here hurt so I um broke down the door and came in here but she was not here.” I replied.

“You could have asked the manger to see if they have an extra key or something to open the door instead of breaking in. Anyway, how does Samantha look like do you have a photo of her?” He asked.

“Uh this is her apartment, she probably has a photo around here.” I answered his question as I looked around and spotted a photo of her and some little girl, maybe her sister?

“This is her.” I said as I pointed to her photo and looked at Hunter he has not said a word yet and he appears to be mad. Of course he is going to be Krys is his sister. I sighed and waited for someone to talk.

“Alright so are you two her family?” Officer Lynda asked as she looked at both of us.

“No just friends. Her family is in Arizona she moved here to work at my company.” I replied and looked at Hunter. He still is not looking at me.

“Oh so you are her boss then Mr. Lee?” Officer Lynda asked me as she was writing stuff down.

“Yes Ma’am I am her boss.” I responded to her.

“Alright do you know the name of her mother or father we could contact? Any siblings?” She asked.

“No, I don’t know anything about her honestly. All I know is that she is here from Arizona.”

“Alright, thank you for your time. Also, you might want to report this broken door to the manager.” Officer Ken said as he said his goodbyes.

“You sure better and most defiantly better pay to fix this door.” A voice said from behind Officer Ken. There appeared a man in his fifties and he looked mad. Is that the manager? Probably that is him.

“You are sir?” Officer James asked as he looked at the man.

“I am Stuart Bob, and this is my apartment and someone broke this door.” He said sounding irritated.

“Oh okay sir; these two men can help you with that. Have a good day everyone. Also, Nathaniel if you know anything give us a call.”Officer James said as he handed me his card.

“Of course thank you officers.” I replied as they left.

“Now which one of you broke down this door?” Stuart pointed from Hunter to me.

“It was him not me. Good day sir.” Hunter replied as he left the room. I sighed he hates me so much right now. I nodded my head and told him it was me that has broken the door down.

“Alright come down stairs with me to my office so we can discuss how you are going to pay for the expenses to get the door fixed. He said as he closed the door to Samantha’s apartment. Well tried to because it was really broken.

We went to his office and discussed how much I needed to pay for all the repairs and construction.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!