Chapter Eighteen (18)

Chapter 18:

*Editing*

Krysten’s P.O.V:

I can’t believe it that Nate and I’s engagement was a week ago I was so happy, he is such a nice guy and it was actually one of the best days of my life since I had lots of hard times. Although sometimes I feel he has other feelings towards this whole marriage and I after all. He barely talks and most of the time he talks because I called or texted him. Something tells me that maybe he does not love me and we are not meant to be. When I try to tell my mom she says that he does love me and does not know how to show it properly. Every time I try to deny that she gets all mad and leaves the room.

I entered the coffee shop to get breakfast before going with Hunter to the park; which is beside the shop, I told him I would get him breakfast and meet him there. I ordered two black coffees, a blueberry muffin for me and two chocolate chip muffins for him. While walking out of the coffee shop I slipped on the ground and the coffee spilled but luckly the muffins were okay. I have not noticed I had spilt some on my leg until I stood up and began to walk. I began to feel pain and I looked down as rolled my pants up a bit and I was burnt on my leg, ouch! Hopefully this does not scar.

I looked around the area and saw a fountain of water beside the entrance of the park so I limped there and sat down on the rim and began to place cold water on the burnt area hoping it would go away but it seemed bad. I sighed and got up to look for Hunter and ask him for help. Once I spotted him he came running towards me since he noticed that I was limping.

“Oh my God, what happened to you Krys, here let me help you.” He said as he put my arm around his shoulder and helped me walk to a nearby bench. He helped me sit down and faced me and asked me again what has happened with worried look.

“I am fine, Hunt, I just slipped and dropped the coffees on my leg and now it is burnt and I tried to put cold water on it from the fountain to help cool it down but it is not working.” I said as I tried to move my leg to adjust my sitting but I bit my lip. This really hurts!

“What! Let me take a look at Krys.” He said, as I nodded my head and rolled up my pants until my knee to reveal the burn. I heard him gasp as he stood up and helped me up. I gave him a questioned look.

“We are going to the hospital, it is burnt really badly.” He said as he shook his head.

“No it is fine, ill just put some cream on it and--” My protesting was cut off by his hand placed on my mouth with an ‘are you serious’ look.

“You are burnt badly Krys, do not be stubborn and try to talk me out of taking you to the doctor, it is not going to happen.” He sighed as he helped me into his car as he quickly ran to the passenger seat. I laughed at his reaction, he always takes everything so serious, it seems like I am going to die. He gave me a questioned look as he saw me laughing and looked back in front of him as he drove to nearby hospital.

****

As we exited the hospital, Hunt kept repeating how he was correct and knew my leg was burnt badly and he kept mumbling stuff I could not understand. My leg is wrapped up and the doctor put a lot of cream and stuff on it for it to not get infected. Hunter decided to take me to a restaurant to have breakfast since it was now almost 10 am and we still did not eat yet. We arrived at this fancy looking restaurant and I looked up at Hunter to tell him thank you, since he is pretty tall, 6’3 and I am 5’6, my baby brother is taller than me. If I tell him that we are going to get into this little if you call it, ‘argument’ that he is only couple months younger than me.

I decided not to say anything because once he starts he would always want to win the argument; he is so stubborn, like me. We sat down beside the window since you can see the view outside of a pretty small waterfall that the restaurant has in the entrance and plus it is better than sitting in the middle. I ordered pancakes and orange juice while he ordered eggs, hash brown and orange juice, as well. We waited for our breakfast to come and then I saw someone enter the restaurant , it was my mother and it was Melissa, Nate’s grandma. I quickly hid my face and took Hunter down with me under the table.

“What are you doing?” He whispered as he looked at me confusingly. I just told him to ‘hush’ until mother and Melissa went to the other table on the other side of the room. Where I saw them  sit, but luckily they did not see us because there was tree there hiding Hunt and I.

“Listen Hunt, this is weird, mother told me she does not like to hang out a lot with Melissa anymore like she use to, what are they both doing here?” I questioned as I looked at him confused.

He smiled at me and patted my head, I glared at him and he chuckled, “maybe they want to start being friends again since you and Nate are together now.” He said as he looked behind him to see them sitting there talking but quietly more like a whisper.

I sighed maybe he is right, but Nate does not seem to care much about our relationship. I think sometimes that I should end this better than getting far into this relationship and get married then divorce. I sighed and closed my eyes, wishing I never listened to my mother and agreed with this marriage if it is not going to work out on both ends.

“You alright Krysy?” Hunter asked with concern, using my nickname he used to call me when we were younger; I smiled at the thought and him and nodded my head.

“I am fine Hunt, just thinking.” I told him, he looked at me then nodded his head and smiled back at me.

“Hunt, I do not know if I should continue this relationship with Nate.” I told him, he looked shocked and asked me why. I just shook my head and he made me tell him why, told you he is stubborn. He looked shocked when I told him it was arranged, and that both of us don’t seem happy.

“Krys , are you sure about this?  However, do what you want and think is right. I am so sorry, Hun.” He said as he squeezed my hand and gave me a smile of pity, which I hate. I have been receiving so much of that when people knew my dad disowned me. Hunter told me that dad does talk about me sometimes, but I think Hunter says that he does bring me up sometimes so he can make me feel better, but I don’t really care.

“It is fine Hunter. I want to end this but mother seems to hate the idea of me ending this relationship, as if it is benefiting her not for me.” I sighed as I placed my head on the table as Hunter rubbed my hand and mumbled, ‘it is going to be alright, sis, I promise.’ I nodded my head and smiled at him. The food was placed in front of us a little while later. We ate our food quietly as I looked outside the window to avoid the pity looks I am receiving from Hunter.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!