Chapter Twenty-Three (23)

Chapter 23

*Editing*

Marcus’s P.O.V:

Oh my god she just passed out, I think she had a panic attack. My baby girl just fainted. I quickly held her and put her on the couch and called Lauren to the living room.

She ran in frantically and asked what was wrong. Once she saw Sammy passed out she went to the kitchen and retuned with a glass of cold water, and a damp cloth to put on Sam’s head.  I sat beside Sam on the coffee table waiting for her to open her eyes soon.

After fifteen minutes or so, she began to open her eyes and she looked around confused. When she saw us she screamed and moved away from us. I looked at her with sadness in my eyes.

“We are not going to hurt you Sam.” I told her feeling myself tear up. My own daughter does not even know me and she is afraid of me.

“Wh-hy am I here? I am going to leave now.” She said as she looked at us from one person to the other.

“Relax sweetie, it is alright. Remember how I promised we are not going to hurt you. We are going to keep that promise.” Lauren said as she sat down beside her, trying to get her to calm down before she gets another panic attack.

“I-I do not believe you. They all say that and then they hurt you.” Sam replied back looking around to find an escape.

Although, she won’t be able to run or leave this place. The windows are bullet proof and they won’t break. Also, there are so many people guarding the doors and entrances.

“Samantha, please, I-I promise we are not going to hurt you. We brought you here to protect you, I promise Hun.” I told her my voice cracking.

“Who are you people? Who are you protecting me from? You guys are insane, and I am leaving good bye.” She said as she tried to get up but it seemed like she got lightheaded and fell right back down on the couch.

“You alright sweetie?” I asked her as I looked at Sam worried.

“I am fine.” She replied simply avoiding looking at us.

“Samantha please look at me.” I pleaded with her. I heard her sigh and she looked up at me confused.

“Can I at least get your names.” She said and I nodded my head.

“I am Marcus, he is Dylan and she is Lauren.” I told her softly as I smiled at her.

“Nice to meet you Samantha.” Dylan said smiling at my daughter.

She nodded her head and then as if something hit her and her eyes widened. She looked as if she was going to have another panic attack.

She quickly got off the couch and held a remote against us as if it was going to protect her from us.

“Samantha what is wrong?” I said gently to her.

“S-stay back. Stay away from me all of you. I remember now, I have seen you before.” She said as she pointed the remote at us.

“Sweetie what are you talking about? We have never met before?” Lauren said confused.

“Y-ou guys are them. Do not lie to me. Do you hear me?” She screamed tears running down her face. Seeing her cry made my heart break.

“Samantha, please tell us what you mean dear?” I questioned her as I tried to approach her but she pointed the remote at me.

“Stay away from me. You are the guys that ran away from prison. You were on the news, do not lie to me.” She said and I nodded my head to her.

“You are right, but we are not going to hurt you Samantha. I promise darling. You need to calm down before you get another panic attack.” I told her she just looked at me like I was crazy.

“A-re you insane! I will not calm down until I leave this place do you hear me. I will be leaving now. Stay back.” She said as she tried to run and threaten us with a remote. That made me laugh but I quickly stopped myself.

I sighed and followed her before she got outside and sees all those guards and will freak her out more.

“Samantha listen to me please, I am begging you!” I said as I placed a hand on her shoulder but she quickly flinched and stepped back.

“Listen you are not going to believe me when I tell you what I am going to tell you but I am going to tell you truth. So please I beg you do not walk out this door because it will only be harder for you and if you manage to escape, if, you will get hurt. I know you think I am a crazy man, but, I am not Samantha you need to believe me!” I begged her looking into her eyes.

If she manages to escape Jessica will kill her. She did kidnap Sam and murdered Ben. She will not hesitate to hurt my daughter. She did kidnap her to kill her or harm her to get revenge against us.

 She wants revenge for killing someone accidently, when they tried to enter our territory without notice. The guards had no other choice but to shoot because he had a gun with him and they could not risk him entering and harming or killing someone. They did not mean to kill him but it had happened and we cannot change the past.

“H-how do I know you are not lying to me. You were in prison and are in a gang. How can I trust you?” She asked me stuttering and looking at the door and back at me.

I opened the door and she gasped when she saw the amount of gang members standing outside the door guarding the place. She looked at me in shock.

“Who are these people?” She asked as she kept her eyes at them.

“They work for us; they keep the place guarded and they keep an eye for anyone trying to enter.” I told her as I closed the door.

“So you are telling me that if I try to run they are going to stop me?” She asked me with sadness in her voice.

“I am sorry Samantha but yes they will stop you and not let you leave.” I answered her with a sad smile.

“Why?!” She shouted and looked at me angry.

“Why can I not leave? My mom is probably freaking out right now that I am missing. I also miss her so much right now! I never saw my dad but she was there for me! My own dad hated me, he did not want me. I need to go see my mom please.” She said the last part quietly while she started to cry.

Those words made my eyes tear she thinks I left because I hated her. She thinks I do not love her. My heart started to hurt so much and seeing the pain in her eyes made me feel more miserable.

I went up to her and hugged her so tightly, for the first time in years. The last time I hugged her was when she was two years old, before she went to daycare. The day I got shot and Lisa told me that I had to be out of her life or she will tell the police.

Samantha tried to get out of my grip but I hugged her and cried my eyes out. I have not cried since the day Lisa told me she hated me and made me leave my baby.

“Please Samantha, calm down I-am not going to hurt you. I will never hurt my baby. Please.” I cried so hard feeling my tears fall on her hair.

“What do you mean baby? I do not even know you.” She asked confused. I sighed and pulled her out of my embrace and looked in her eyes.

 “Samantha… I am your dad. I am your dad that cried every night that I had to leave you. I left not because I do not love you. That is a lie and everyone knows that. Even your mother, Lisa knows that it is a lie, Hun.” I told her as tears started to pool in my eyes again, I guess today is just an emotional day.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!