Chapter Twenty- Five (25)

Chapter 25

**Brandon's picture on the side,played by Ben Affleck**

Brandon’s P.O.V

**Editing**

Couple days have passed and Hunter has not yet returned home. He called couple days ago telling me that he was going to stay a little bit longer with Krysten. I have a feeling something is not right and Hunter is not telling me, father instincts let me tell you. I sighed and continued my paper work that I needed to complete before I get home tonight.

While getting the paper work done, we got some news about a missing person in the state beside us. They said that she might have been abducted and moved here. I decided to take a look at the file and the woman’s name was Samantha Fort, 22 years old, from Arizona, and it had more information about her mother, step dad and sister. I looked at her picture and that last name I have heard of it before, but I cannot remember or recall where and when I did.

I wonder what happened to this young lady it says she has been missing for almost two weeks now. Hopefully they find her safe and keep everyone else there safe, including my daughter Krysten.

I sighed and went back to finishing the paper work before I get distracted once again.

As I began to finish the work my phone of course begins to ring. I groan and look at the caller ID it is Hunter. I quickly pick up and answer his call.

“Hey Hunt, everything okay?” I asked him quickly and I do not know why.

“Yeah everything is fine dad.” He replied but the tone of his voice was not assuring.

“Hunt don’t lie to me son, I know something is wrong you can tell me.” I told him with concern dripping in my voice.

“Dad, I um think Krysten’s mom is up to no good. Even Krysten does not feel safe with her mom anymore, dad. I have a bad feeling about this. I know it might sound crazy  but I don’t know, I’m scared for her.” He told me.

I was not shocked though Jessica did threaten to hurt Krysten if I got in the way. But why is she doing this now? I have not interfered in anything. I guess the time has come for dad to step in and be the dad that I couldn’t be and take care of my little girl.

“Alright Hunt; I’ll take care of this. Listen, though carefully. I need you to keep an eye on Krysten and make sure she is okay. But, do not go near her mother and make sure you do not act like you know something is not right, same with Krysten. Okay can you do that Hunt?” I asked him as if I was talking to a two year old, but I needed to know he was up to this.

My heart was beating quickly I need to get to Krysten before Jessica does something I will never forgive myself if she gets hurt.

“Okay dad, thanks for believing me and not calling me out.” He said with a sigh of relief.

Of course I was going to believe him and I know Jessica is always up to no good.

“For sure son, stay safe and Krsyten too. I love you b-oth.” I said and stuttered, I have not said that to my daughter since she was a newborn.

“Us too dad, take care. See you soon.” He replied and hung up.

I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes to try and calm my nerves. I was scared for my children and I was mad at Jessica and myself.

I wish I have done something before when she was younger and not leave my daughter and start a new family. I do not regret the choice of meeting Tracy and having Hunter I love them both with my life. But I wish I did something to have Krysten here with us safe and not at risk with her crazy mother.

After I ended the call I quickly finished the paper work and decided to book a plane ticket instead of driving for hours to get there. I searched online and there was one available in three days and that’s what I choose. I booked it and paid with my visa so everything was set and ready. I printed it out and placed it in my wallet as I logged out of my computer. I turned off all the lights and locked the door.

I left my office and went to my boss and handed in all my paperwork. We both said our good-byes and I went to my car so I can get home to sleep before a long day tomorrow. I will be doing some more research on Jessica and how she has all that power and wealth.

I entered my car and headed home to go see Tracy as well. I stopped at a red light and after a minute or two it became green. While driving a car out of nowhere drove right into the passenger seat of my car and it flipped the whole car over. I felt blood rushing out of my nose and my head was spinning. I tried to move my hand so I could reach my phone but it was stuck between the seat belt.

“Sir are you okay?! Oh my god I am so sorry I was not paying attention to the traffic light.” A man’s voice said.

I looked up at him he had his shirt all ripped up and blood was pouring from his open wound on his head.

“I called the ambulance they are on their way please stay with me.” He said as he sounded like he was about to cry.

After a while I heard the sound of sirens coming closer and all I thought was how did this man get out of his car with not many injuries?

 My eyes started to get droopy and I felt the world closing up on me, I tried to fight the urge to keep them open but the darkness seemed welcoming.

“Sir, my name is John. I am a paramedic, can you hear me?” He asked as I fought the urge to keep my eyes open.

“Tell her I am sorry if I do not make it please!” I pleaded with the paramedic as my eyes started to close by the second.

“You are going to be fine sir, stay with us.” The paramedic said as they started to remove me from the car.

 “I am sorry!” I whispered as darkness consumed me and probably for good.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!