Chapter Thirty-Seven (37)

Chapter 37

*Editing*

Samantha’s P.O.V

Midnight struck and the house was very quiet. Marcus and the rest went to sleep at ten and now it is time to leave, to run away. Hopefully the guards outside the house do not catch me. I quickly put on black clothes to camouflage in the dark and I brought with me some water. I tip toed down the stairs and when I was almost down the stairs squeaked, I cursed quietly and bit my lip. I looked around but it seems like no one heard. I sighed with relief and continued to make my way down.

I decided it was best to leave from a window since no one is probably standing beside them. They are more likely near the doors. I looked outside and to my luck it was pouring rain. I was not going to let the rain ruin my only attempt to run. I am not going to let this chance go to waste, I already started.

 I slowly unlocked and opened the window and cut the screen with scissors since it was not going to be removed, it would not budge. I took a deep breath and prayed that no one sees me leaving since it was packed with guards but I guess the rain could be kind of an advantage for me.

 I stepped on the window-sill and jumped down to the ground as I quickly hid behind the now dead bush and shivered. It was freezing cold, I thought it would snow this time of year but it was raining instead. I had to move quick before anyone notices the cut screen and missing me. I walked slowly then ran and hid behind an evergreen tree. I took a deep breath and I felt my heart beating so quick.

I began to run and run, honestly I do not know where I was going but I just kept running. I felt the cold rain droplets hit my face as the cool wind blew my hair. I ran into an unknown street and it was dark the only light shinning was from the flickering light post beside two benches.

 It was cold and dark. I hate the dark, it only brings trouble. I began to walk since I was out of breath. I was running for a while now and I am tired. I felt my throat dry so I began to drink water from the bottle that I brought with me. I wanted to drink the full bottle but I decided not to because I might need it for later.

I should have figured out where I was in the first place before running. I am ashamed of myself for not doing that in the first place before running. I was getting more tired by the second. It is late and I am tired but I cannot sleep I am in the middle of nowhere. I kept walking more until I reached a bench and sat down and started to think of a plan. I had to choices to either keeping walking and get more lost or wait for someone to find, most likely Marcus.

I lay down on the bench I was getting tired and exhausted. The rain was still falling but lighter than before. I am cold and tired; maybe running away was not a good idea? I closed my eyes and thought of Nathaniel. I miss him so much. I wish we could just get married and be together forever. I cannot believe I met his parents. Does he know that they are in a gang and they ran away?

 I hugged myself more trying to keep myself warm and not freeze to death. The sky was getting darker and I am starting to worry. Afraid that someone attempts to hurt me or worse kill me. I shivered at the thought and slowly sat there thinking of the worst case scenario. I would walk back to the house but I lost track and I am too tired to even walk anymore.

My eyes began to droop and I tried to fight the urge to sleep but my vision was getting blurry. A yawn escaped my mouth followed by another. I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest hugging my legs trying to keep warm. Why did I run away? They were all good to me and Marcus is the only family I have left. Why couldn’t I ask him to help me with what I was thinking of, the fire not being an accident?

I sighed loudly as I wiped the water that came from the rain, off my face with the sleeve of my shirt and removed my hair from my face as well. I tried my best to keep my eyes open not wanting to sleep and regret it if something bad happens. Maybe tomorrow morning I will be able to go back to the gang house, if I find my way back.

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote. Comment.Share!

Thank you!! (:

-Mouna!