Chapter Ten (10)

Chapter 10:

**Editing! **

Samantha’s P.O.V:

As I closed the door when Nathaniel left I began to sob my heart out as I covered my face and slid down against the door. I cannot take my life anymore. Why is my life filled with drama and misery? First, my father does not want his own daughter, his own flesh and blood. He did not even bother to send me birthday cards at least on my birthdays. When there were dances for fathers and daughters I would cry and cry because my own dad disowned me and hates me. He hates me to a point where he told my mother bluntly that he does not want me. My mother would always tell me that when I would constantly ask her about him. Then there is Robert the love of my life that meant the world to me who left me before our wedding to be with a girl he met only a day. Robert was the man that every girl wants polite, humble and caring. He was my light at the end of the tunnel when I had troubles that I thankfully overcame. I was bulimic because I thought I was not good enough for anyone he helped me overcome that battle. There was a point in my life where my mother blamed me for my father leaving us but until this day I do not know why she blamed me. I believed her and began to blame myself that I am worthless and that was just an infectious disease that ruins everything. After that phase she apologized over and over where she would cry for days in her room and I ended up forgiving her, I did not like seeing my mother broken like that at least she stayed with me and did not abandon me. Every time I would ask her why she blamed me she would tell me that it was just because she was angry and she should have not done that but I believe that there is something behind it she is not telling me.

Finally there is the perfect, charming and my boss, Nathaniel Lee. The guy that I fell in love with and I thought he could mend my broken heart after what has happened with Robert and I. He played with my feelings and heart when he knew he was getting married and when I first did not know. Slowly I began to doubt that he was getting married until I met Krysten and then that is when it hit me and I knew it would never be ‘us.’ When he confessed he loved me I know he said that because he felt bad for me, I know he sees me as a pathetic girl that has problems and he thinks he can play with my emotions as if I am worth nothing. I will not let him do that anymore and if he does he will get it and I do not care anymore if he fires me. If he does fire me it would not affect me anymore. My whole life is messed up; being fired won’t make it any worse.

I stood up and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt. I looked at my watch and it was 10 am. I was sitting there for 15 minutes thinking and crying, I sighed and decided to change and go for a walk to clear my mind from the thoughts that were running in my head. I put on a thicker sweater since it is pretty chilly outside; I left my apartment quickly and took off running somewhere, anywhere. My head was running with thoughts and memories that are driving me crazy! The time when I met Robert and he was my savior, a guardian angel that saved me from my miseries but later on caused more to happen. I ran and ran until I could not catch my breath anymore; I fell to the ground and began to try to catch my shaky breath as I sobbed once again.

“Ma’am, are you okay?” An unfamiliar voice asked me as I looked up at the unknown man.

“I-I do not know…” I asked as I tried standing up but failing miserably.

“Here let me help you.” He said softly as he pulled me up gently to my feet.

“Thank you.” I said sincerely not making eye contact with the man in front of me.

“It’s no problem, what happened. If you do not mind me asking?” I finally managed to look at the guy and studied his features. He had bright green eyes and blonde hair that matched his slightly tanned skin.