Chapter Two (2)

**Editing*

Samantha's Point of View:

"Enter" A deep voice came from behind the wooden door. I opened the door and it revealed a man in his early twenties, with perfect brown hair that covered a part of his piercing bright blue eyes.

"H-ello,I am Samantha Fort, I'm here for an interview." I stuttered and looked away. Wow he looks like he is living the dream. Rich and charming, bet he already has someone he loves and wants to marry. Someone that is rich and beautiful like him, would never love me, why try? I'm just a normal girl that is trying to provide for herself and would never marry someone famous and rich like him, Nathaniel Lee.

"Oh, hello Samantha I am Nathaniel Lee, it is nice to meet you, please have a seat." He replied with a faint French accent and a smile showing his bright white teeth.

" Yes I know who you are. I mean thank you Mr. Lee." I replied without stuttering, and quickly. Perfect he probably thinks I'm a weirdo.

"Call me Nathaniel or Nate, its good enough" He said to me with a friendly smile.

I returned the smile and sat down on the chair that was in front of his marble desk.

                                                                   *****

Time passed and the interview was finally over.

"Thank you for coming in Miss Fort." Nate said as he shook my hand.

" See you Monday,Nathaniel.Take care!" I replied as I nodded my head and went to open the door.

" Miss Fort?" He called.

" Yes?" I replied back as I faced him. He stood up from his chair.

" Um,I- see you on Monday." He said quickly as he sat back down. I just smiled back at him and nodded my head again.

"I got the job!" I kept mumbling to myself as I walked out of his office. Nathaniel and I talked for hours about what my job was going to be which is early in the morning.

I am not a morning person whatsoever but I want and need this job so I will do whatever it takes to keep it. I decided to go and get some lunch since it was already one in the afternoon and Friday. I entered a small diner called M&L Drive, I ordered some pasta with tomato sauce and of course my green tea and sat by a window so I could admire the beautiful scenery outside.

New York was truly beautiful! I wondered what my mother, step-dad and half sister were doing back home in Arizona. My sister, Marissa, is 10 years old, I love her to death. My mother and step-dad are great people, they try their best to provide for the family but it is hard on them. That is why I thought it was best to go to college, finish my education and provide for myself. At least that removes some pressure off of them.

My dad on the other hand walked out on us when I was young so I don't know him a lot and yes, sometimes I think of him, but I mean if he doesn't care, why should I? Every time I asked my mother about him, all she said was that he wanted nothing to do with me.

Nathaniel's Point of View: Friday Morning Before The Interview:

I just got off the phone with my grandma telling me I have an interview with some girl to see if she is fit for the job as our business adminstrator for the company. She also told me there was something she wanted me to know and hopefully agree with. She sounded excited yet nervous to hear my answer.I wonder why.

Anyway, my grandma is like my mother she took care of me since I was a child because my own parents decided to turn to drugs and technically disowned and abused me. Until my grandma stepped in and said she will take me in as one of her own. I could never thank her enough for what she has done.

I have not seen my parents since I was six years old and to be honest I don't even want to see them. They were nothing but bad people that only neglected me for something that they thought was better, but only got them in more trouble. They got arrested since my grandmother called the police on them, and they went to prison for drug possessions and child neglect. Why is life so hard?

© Copyright 2014 Mouna E. All Rights Reserved.

Vote,comment and share.

Thank you!

-Mouna