Chapter Four (4)

(Chapter 4) **Editing**

Samantha’s P.O.V : Monday

I quickly got up to get ready for my first day of work, I was so nervous! I plugged in the kettle as I got dressed and did my makeup. I curled my brown hair as I applied black eye liner to bring out my hazel eyes. I quickly wore my suit jacket and skirt and ran down the stairs. I placed the hot water in my thermos and a bag of green tea and ran out of the house. I called a taxi since I still can’t afford a car yet alone pay my rent. Hopefully this job will help me. I thanked the driver and straightened out my outfit as I entered the building hoping I don’t trip and drop my stuff. Really Sam, stop thinking that before that happens. I took a deep breath trying to relax and stay as calm as possible, which was not really working right now! I looked around and it was packed with people unlike Friday, there was barely anyone. People modeling and taking photos, some talking on the phone while shouting at the person on the other line and some just being quiet and doing their work peacefully, just like how I want to be. I do not want to be the center of attention, never was and hopefully never will be, I do not like that at all.

“Uh excuse me, can I help you? You need anything; you have been standing there staring at everyone for the past five minutes.” Asked a squeaky voice. I looked up and saw a girl around the same height as me and average weight, wearing a pink skirt with a white top that matched  with her skirt. 

“Yeah I am here for my first day as a business administrator, I am Samantha.” I replied nicely.

“Krysten, follow me and I will show you to your office.” She replied walking towards my office,I am guessing.

“You work here?” I asked.

“I do now, my future husband works here so we decided I work in the company with him, as well.” She replied while pointing at a closed wooden door.

“This is your office, good-bye Samantha. See you later.” She said leaving before I got a chance to reply. ‘Okay,’ I thought, as I opened the door to my new office. It was beautiful. The walls were a faded brown colour, with beautiful oak wooden desk, and maroon red sofas, with a spinning chair, my favourite. I smirked as I ran and sat down on the chair and began to turn around over and over laughing really hard.

“Seems like you are having fun.” A deep voice asked, which sounded familiar. I quickly stopped and looked up to be faced with technically my boss smirking.

“I uh sorry about that I just..” I got cut off by him.

“ It's fine Miss Fort, we all do it sometimes, it’s fun huh?” He asked smiling.

“Yeah it is fun.” I replied back smiling as well.

“How do you like the office is it good for you? He asked.

“Perfect, really perfect. Just like how I imagined it to be” I replied quickly rambling and nodding my head.

“Great, if you need anything Miss Fort come to my office and I will be glad to help.” He smiled and nodded his head waiting for me to reply.

“ I-um okay thank you very much Mr. Lee, this is more than enough, I really appreciate it and if you need me to do anything I am willing to work double shifts to keep this job and I really,” I got cut off with all my rambling again.

“See you later Miss Fort, have a great first day.” He smiled while laughing at my rambling. Embarrassing let me tell you. My cheeks turned a light shade of red as I looked away and mumbled ‘see you later.'

My shift was finally over and I decided to go home and sleep! I was exhausted from all the typing and phone calls that I have done today, but overall it was a great day. Well, besides the couple times I have embarrassed myself however that is okay, makes a great story to tell later on. While leaving my office my cell phone blasted the song Wide Awake by Katy Perry. Thank god it did not ring while working, I forgot to turn it off. I looked and saw it was my mother.