[55] Bitter Relief

Start from the beginning

After about thirty minutes, the truck parked in the driveway of the mansion and as we got out, another black, identical truck parked in and another group of gang members got off as well.

We walked into the mansion where boss stood on the doorway as we all walked in. I felt like I was suffocating as a flashback of everything came to me, almost like I was reliving the moment over and over again.

Boss spoke something about 'a job well done' and what not. I didn't bother myself so much to listen as I kept on thinking over and over in my head about how this was my last time coming to this mansion.

When boss finally sent everyone away, I remained and told Levi that he could wait for me outside. Pouring himself a glass of whiskey, he turned around and took a sip, his free hand tucked in the pocket of his tux pants and his amused gaze on me.

"I knew I could trust you. It's finally the end of our longest reigning opponents, the Peligroso gang." I wanted to scoff but held myself back. "Want a drink?" He raised his glass up and I shook my head.

"No. The thought of being off the hook is satisfying enough." I informed him and watched as he let out a short and deep laugh.

"Off the hook you say." He started in a mockery tone and I started feeling my blood boil.

"We had an agreement." I seethed and he drank the entire glass before placing it back on the table.

He walked closer to me and crossed his arms over his chest. "The hilarious part is that you believed me." If I thought my blood was boiling, it was nothing compared to how I felt now. I clenched my fists at my sides and glared hard at him.

"YOU PLAYED ME!?" I shouted, getting angrier by the second.

He laughed louder than he did before and started taking strides around the room "You know Justin, in life when you see an opportunity, you take it. So when you came to me literally begging to leave UG, I saw that as an opportunity of course. To get you to do anything." My breathing became wild as I felt myself start shaking.

"You were so engrossed with the idea of leaving the gang that you were set on doing anything for it...so of course I had to think big and beneficial. If a man puts his mind on something, nothing can easily take him out of it. He'll do anything just so that it becomes a success. And through you, I got the owner of our biggest opposing gang killed. Now isn't that just wonderful?"

I felt sick, I felt like my entire intestines were being ripped out of my body. I felt a menacing sort of anger in me, feeling my body overwhelmed by rage. The feeling of betrayal settled down in me, getting me immediately psyched up.

"YOU LIED TO ME!" I yelled, taking dangerous steps towards him. "YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO!"

"Why would I do that? You're literally the best fighter UG's ever seen. Why would I let go of such preciousness?"

"Don't you have a FUCKING MIND? You can't keep me here after we had an agreement. I did my part now it's time for you to suck in all that shit you're telling me and let me fucking go!"

He reached out and grabbed my neck with his large hands. My hands flew up to his arms to try loosen the grip as I felt a contraction in my lungs.

"You've suddenly killed one person and now you think you can talk to me however you like!? I'm your fucking boss meaning you should respect me!"

"Y-You don't deserve any kind of respect." I tried letting words out as his hold got tighter. I was running out of breath and started feeling hot in my lungs.

"Don't you realize that I could just kill you right now?" He growled in anger and I tried my best to get his hands off  me. I wanted to speak but the hold was too tight... and before my oxygen was almost cut, he let go of me and I fell down to the ground, caughing loudly and trying to take deep breaths. I might be the best fighter but he's stronger than I am, more experienced than I am so if I tried to fight him now, I just know that I wouldn't stand a chance.

I had to think of something, FAST.

I got up from the floor and glared at him, still holding my neck.

"Just let me fucking go..before shit gets bad just let me go now." My voice had a dangerous ring to it as I narrowed my eyes at him.

He suddenly had a delighted look and started laughing, not once seeming intimidated. "Really? Is that a threat?"

I pulled out my gun from the waistband of my jeans and held it tight, pointing it to his head. His smile quickly vanished but didn't look like he was fearing for his life.

"Seriously?" He mocked, seeming extremely annoyed.

"Things didn't need to come to this point only if you'd decided to let me off the hook a long time ago. You're doing this to yourself."

Suddenly, a gun was pulled in front of me as well. I swallowed a lump forcing myself to not crumble.

I have to do this.

"Put you fucking gun down now if you don't want me to blow your brains out." I held my gun tighter.

"You're making a huge mistake" A gunshot sounded loudly and I felt myself losing control of my left arm. I dropped it down as I stared at it briefly before looking back at him. Blood was pouring out of my arm but I didn't let the pain get to me.

I saw him about to pull the next shot when I got down and pulled my own the trigger. I then noticed that it landed on his thigh as he stumbled backwards before landing on the floor, screaming in pain. He was shooting back at me but missed completely. I crawled behind some furniture and aiming at his head when someone beat me to it. From the door, I saw Levi holding out his gun before my eyes landed back to...boss.

Blood was pouring from the side of his head and I then felt some sort of bitter relief grow in me.

******