Trunks x Neko! Reader

Y/n p.o.v

"So Trunks, how far until we get to the right timeline?" He scratched his head, he was putting all of his focus on the machine we were in. "My mom said it'd be a couple hours, but this seems it is taking longer." He poked the screen, he was getting angry. "Trunks, it's fine, just come sit with me." I sat in a chair that spun in a 360 degree motion. He turned to me and smiled, "I do need a break," He stood up and walked over to me. He sat in the chair beside mine and looked at me then leaned back. "This is so frustrating," I looked at him, "what do you mean Trunks?" He rubbed his head, "all this time traveling is killing me, I want to settle down with someone and have a life." My face heated, I had feelings for Trunks but always figured he didn't want me. He was too much for Mai, I had gotten jealous about it before. "What about Mai?" He laughed, "yeah right, she's way too picky, everything has to be her way or no way at all." I smiled, "I know someone who likes you though." I tried to restrain my tail from getting excited. "Really?" His smile came back, his eyes lit up. "Who is she?" His voice came out excited, "well, you might not like her." He shrugged, "well there is one person I like, but you know, she probably doesn't feel the same." He shrugged at his comment, then the time machine started shaking. It had landed and Trunks smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him to get out. A younger version of Bulma stood outside of capsule Corp, her hair short. She smiled at Trunks and hugged him, "so glad to see you again, who's this young lady?" She looked at me and Trunks backed up, putting his arm around my shoulders. "This is Y/n, she's my closest friend," His eyes looked away from me and Bulma as a blush went across his face with a smile. "What about Mai, isn't she your girlfriend?" My heart dropped, he shook his head. "Mom, I can't like her like that, I like someone else!" His mom was taken aback, "well, we'll talk more about this at dinner, go play with the other Trunks for now." He nodded, pulling me with him to his younger self. "Hey Trunks!" He spoke to his younger self as he ran up to him. Younger Trunks looked at me, "who is she?" My Trunks spoke up, "she is Y/n, the closest friend you'll have in life." Young Trunks blushed, "is she your girlfriend?" He shook his head, "no, why?" A starry look went into young Trunks eyes. "She is so pretty," He walked up to me, checking me out. Trunks got flustered, "you can't date her though." He smirked, "yes I can!" Trunks cocked a brow while crossing his arms. "How do you suppose you'll do that?" Young Trunks smirked, "easy, we're the same person so I can get her to date you." Trunks face flushed, "well, I mean." He stuttered, "what's wrong Trunks?" I spoke up, he shook his head. "I'll explain at supper, okay?" I nodded.

When dinner came, Trunks was a mess. We all sat at the table, eating and talking. Vegeta shot a look at me, "and who's this Trunks?" His face went red, he turned his head to me. "Y/n, I want to ask you something very important." I just nodded, "will you go out with me?" Everyone sat in silence as they waited for my answer. I smiled and nodded, his face lit up as he hugged me. "That is so good to hear!" He kissed my cheeks, everyone happy and started talking again. Trunks grabbed my hand from under the table, a smile never leaving his face.