"No," Areum replied shortly, a little convinced but Joy knew that Areum is annoyed by the fact that she's wanted to do something bad which only made Areum even more annoyed.

"Then I'm guessing you want to go to school now," Joy smiled widely towards Areum but the little girl is frowning.

"...no Eomma~ I don't want to go to school. I'm lazy!" Areum answered, sitting directly on the cold floor and looking very upset.

"Areum," Joy called, there's warning in her voice. She's just not in the mood for a morning fight with Areum right now since she still need to go to Seoul and get the coffee beans she ordered. This time it's real, the delivery truck of her supplier broke down and she's a loyal customer so instead of ordering to others, Joy decided to pick it up on her own, earning herself a free small sack of coffee beans.

There's a lot on her plate right now, with business and such and she just want to collapse.

Areum sensed the threat in her mother's voice so even though she doesn't want to, she obliged with a heavy heart.

It makes Joy sad. She tried cheering up Areum by telling her stories and smiling brightly towards her but Areum is very upset. Seems like she's not really in the mood to attend school for the day.

But if Joy will let Areum, it might spoil the little girl and there's a bigger possibility for Areum to act like that more than ever. She doesn't want to raise a bad child.

When they reached the school, Joy went on Areum's height and kissed her, Areum hugged her but not as tight as usual. "Bye bye Eomma," Areum said with a faint voice. Seems like she's still sulky about being forced to go to school but what choice does Joy have?

"Bye baby. I'm sorry but you know it's for the best right?" Joy assures, patting Areum's head.

Areum nodded half-heartedly and then turn around to enter her classroom.

Joy could only sigh. She left the school thinking about how sad Areum was and wishing that she'll be cheerful by the end of the day.

Two months is short and before Sungjae knew it, he's already on his way to the police station where he will be assigned. It's not new to Sungjae, the roads, the establishments, the trees and even some of the people. It's like he's already memorized the town because he's been coming back a lot there.

They stopped at a police station, not as fancy as those in Seoul but it's still clean and the aura of the place is not bad.

"Here's where your assigned desk will be. The chief will teach you the things you need to do but I think since you're still new, it will most likely be about paper works or patrolling during evening," The buffed army who drove him to the station explained.

"Yes Sir!" Sungjae answered, saluting to the higher ranked man.

The man nodded and then left him with another older guy who seems to be the one supervising the station.

"Your official duty will start tomorrow. Upstairs were the rooms and the farthest on the left is yours." The older man smiled, recognizing the young man that's gonna work with them for the next six months, "For now, you can go around and check the town so you can be familiar here,"

Sungjae wanted to laugh, he's known the place on the tip of his fingers but he just saluted to the man and made his way to his room. The typical one-bed, one-table, one-chair and built-in closet is what his room looks like. Not that Sungjae is complaining, he can go with it. Atleast he can have his privacy unlike in training camp where they sleep on double deck beds and with hundreds of guys inside a huge room.