Book Six Chapter Twenty-Nine

MARCUS!!

Stepping into the shower, Alena in my arms, I turn it on, her body still against mine as the water washes over us, her eyes slowly opening and she smiles at me. 

Just one of her smiles would be worth all the heartache in the world.

"Can you stand for 30 seconds while I wash you?" She nods slowly, and I know it will be thirty seconds, any longer, and she will be on the shower floor. My hands begin washing her quickly as she stays smiling, her eyes dropping. 

Picking her up I carry her out the shower slowly drying her, laying her on the bed I lie next to her body slowly moving so her head is against my chest as I wrap my arms around her.

"You know what Marcus?" Her voice soft like velvet I make a hmm sound at her and wait.

"I used to watch the videos, at least once a week, just to hear your voice" That makes me smile, and my heart leaps knowing that.

"I was rather upset I had none of you kitten, those four years, were very dull."

"Jackson needs to give you them" She yawns and moves getting comfier,

"That he does, now sleep it is nearly three am kitten" She nods slowly, then her body quickly stiffens like she has seen a ghost.

"What Alena?" My hands slowly stroking her arms.

"I can't sleep in here if the kids come in."

"You are fine, the door is locked, just sleep" She doesn't reply, I can only assume she has fallen back to sleep, my own eyes now closing as I fall asleep. 

Waking up Alena is no longer in bed, my body rolling over and trying to wake up, I feel like I have slept for hours. Getting up and dressed I walk downstairs, Alena and Jackson stood in the kitchen, his arms around her and she looks all out of sorts, her hair is a mess, and she is giggling like a school girl.

"Morning" I walk over to them and they shake their heads.

"Afternoon more like, you slept the morning away" Well that explains why I can't see the kids anywhere.

"Why are you two not at work?" I thought they worked every day now.

"I called in for us both last night to have today off, Alena needed sleep after last night, so I got the kids to school came back and went back to bed myself" 

I nod making myself a coffee, it is nearly two, I honestly slept most of the day away.

"So tonight, are you still doing it?" I look at Alena, and she nods smiling.

"Yes, and you and Jackson will be there watching, I can't say that won't feel awkward you two just sat watching, but she agreed" Well I wasn't expecting that, Jackson fine but me as well?

"Right well Georgina will be here once the kids are in bed, security people will be here anytime as well to fit new fingerprint locks on the rooms" 

Well that is a relief, at least the girls will have no chance at all of getting in now if less one of us leave the door open.

"Georgina and Liam will also have access to the rooms" I turn looking at Jackson confused.

"why would you give them access?"

"Because Marcus, I would rather they had access and come in while we are busy then stood outside waiting hours and something be wrong."

"I still don't understand why they would need access to the room if it was something urgent they would just ring you surely?" I personally would not give them access.