Book Five Chapter Twenty-Eight

Waking up Jackson is cooking, sitting up I look around, wishing now I had his life, the kids, the family everything. I don't even have Maria anymore. 

No one left in my life other than Jackson, Alena comes down looking towards me before going back upstairs, not long after coming down with the girls, I shouldn't be here, it is their birthday. 

People arriving to set up for the girl's party, Alena goes upstairs to get herself and the girls ready, I get up, offering to help in any way I can. 

Watching as Maria arrives, I would have thought she knew the invite was void, yet looking at her, I love her too much to be angry, if she told me James was gone, I know I would fall for the trap and take her back. 

Jackson walks off upstairs, leaving me with Maria, I walk over to her and try smiling.

"Everything okay?" I love her so much, and this is breaking my heart, all my days now will be filled with tears, if I could go back and change the years I would.

"Fine, I thought I would bring their presents we bought" Presents I bought, I nod silently arguing with her within my mind. 

Alena and Jackson walk back downstairs, the girls looking beautiful in their dresses. The party goes ahead well, I keep seeing Alena looking at me, then her face changing as she sees Maria. 

She knows, and I don't mind, looking at Jackson I can see his pain, he is standing alone watching from the sidelines, walking over to him I pat his shoulder.

"Tallulah?" I am no fool, this will be making him think of her right now, and what could have been.

"Yeah, just makes me realise how much I am missing out on, she should still be alive" I feel for him, this was why I didn't want kids, the pain that comes with them is unbearable, yet Maria got me thinking I wanted Kids. 

She got me seeing me playing with a child at the park, been called dad and all for nothing. 

Jackson walks off, clearly trying to get space, I see Alena stopping him, trying to find out why he looks so down on such an amazing day. 

Not long after Jackson calls everyone over to the new room, opening the door everyone is in awe, even Maria, she wants a baby so much, I just wish it was my baby. 

It isn't though, sitting I watch her she would be an amazing mum, today is hurting me, so much more than anyone will know, everyone beginning to leave.

"I will go home, see you in a few days Jackson" I smile at him, leaving the house the same time as Maria, driving home, I see she is behind me, following me, Why? Getting in she again is right behind me, following me into the house.

"What Maria? What more could you possibly want or need to say?" I might sound mean, but I can't take any more of my heart being ripped out by her.

"I have these for you" Taking the papers off her I read them, divorce papers, she is really doing this. Going through there is one for the house.

"You want 120grand for your share of the house?" What the hell does she think she is doing?

"I had someone come check it today, it is worth 250 grand, I want my share, so we either sell it and split the money or you give me the money from one of your accounts" 

Can she really stoop any lower? Grabbing the pen, I sign it.

"Fine, sell the fucking house, now get out, honestly, I have had enough" I look at her and she nods yet she stands looking at me.