Book Five Chapter Fifty

A few hours later Jackson walks down, sitting with me.

"So, we need to sort this out, Alena and the baby have to come first" I nod in agreement.

"Sorry for what she said, for what you had to go through today" He nods, not needing me to explain.

"She apologised" I shake my head.

"Still not right, even if you had not been through it with Tallulah, you still get the bond and the same feelings as her"

"By the way, the collar she wears isn't good for her being pregnant, it could be restricting her breathing, you can get others that are less like collars, but still collars" 

I explain it to him, I have one that would be perfect that I for some reason felt compelled to buy.

"I never thought of that, I know somewhere with some so will grab her one" I nod forgetting the thoughts of giving him the one I bought. 

Sitting we talk it gets to four AM and we seem to be in a better position and go to bed, no more arguing and fighting. Waking up I walk down the stairs, Alena in the kitchen cooking.

"What do you think you are doing?" She jumps, dropping the egg on the floor.

"Cooking obviously, well trying, but now apparently I am throwing eggs on the floor" Laughing, she grabs the kitchen roll, bending down she goes to clean the egg up, my arm grabbing her and pulling her back up.

"No, you will sit down. You heard the doctor now go sit" She looks at me like I am being overprotective.

"I am sure I am safe to fry a few eggs and things, plus the girls will be awake soon, so I need to get breakfast ready" She goes to get another egg, my hand stopping her.

"I mean it Alena, go sit I will cook" She looks at me laughing.

"I have never seen you cook, can you even cook?" She is laughing looking at me, deciding what to do.

"Alena, go sit down and I will cook" My voice now authoritative making her listen, she walks off sitting at the table watching me cook. Jackson walks down with the girls, looking at me confused.

"You are cooking?" Oh great, so now he is joining in.

"I was, but he told me off and sent me to sit down" Alena shrugs her shoulders.

"So, he should have, you shouldn't be cooking at all" She shakes her head clearly objecting again.

"Cooking is far from dangerous, I wasn't even moving much" She has forgotten everything the doctor said.

"Standing for long periods of time, you do that cooking so no, you're not cooking" She looks and gives up the argument realising she won't win.

"Okay, well back to Marcus, you can cook?" Jackson turns and laughs, oh my god really still me and cooking!

"Yes, it might not taste good, but I can cook, and I just did. Breakfast is ready" Smiling at Alena, I grab the plates out the cupboards, taking the plates over to the table. Sitting down, as always, we eat together, no one really knowing what to say.

"If Georgina can, she is coming tonight, going to have a girl's night in, drinks and a bit of food for a catch up, thought I would say while I remember" What the hell, drinks!

"Drinks? Really" Jackson looks shocked, just like me.

"Not me, she will be drinking I obviously won't be, I am not stupid, please keep that in mind, just a catch up we have not had a girl's night in for ages" She gets up walking over to the kitchen.