Book Five Chapter Eight

"For a change Marcus is here before Jackson" Troy laughs seeing me walk towards them, yes, I am normally the late one.

"He's not here yet?" Looking around, he clearly isn't.

"No, how are things now Marcus?" Looking at Troy I shake my head.

"Life after, head on the mission from this point" To be honest that is just my excuse, I don't want to be talking about this crap right now.

"Early for a change I see" We all turn to Jacksons laugh.

"No, you're just late for a change" I laugh, pointing out the obvious.

"Alena you remember the lads, well now lads Alena is now my fiancé" Jackson voice full of happiness, looking at him, shocked, well that was fast and unexpected, it has only been like five months of dating. I was that consumed with my own problems he had not even told me. The lads saying hi to her, as she stands and smiles politely.

"Nice to see you again Alena" Looking at her I smile and wink. I won't do or say anything wrong.

"Where's the new guy?" Jackson questions looking at us, I totally forgot to update Jackson, I had updated the rest of the team just not him.

"Meeting us there apparently, he's not local to here" Troy speaks up letting him know the change. Jackson and Alena walk off, standing away from us, her arms wrapped around him as they stand talking. Everyone is talking yet I can't seem to take my eyes off her, the sound of our flight being called making me come back to reality, Mission before life, always mission first. Jackson and Alena say goodbye, as he walks over to join us at the gate to get on the plane, I know he will want to talk, and I am happy for him too. Getting on the plane, they all sit talk, my mind not really listening it isn't about the mission and I would rather limit the talk of our lives right now. Sitting down, Jackson sits next to me, his silence unnerving.

"Congratulations bro, you and Alena, you should have said" He turns and smiles, nodding, I hope this isn't him feeling awkward because of what I said about Alena.

"You had your own issues, I was not going to throw my engagement in your face when you are on the blink of a divorce" What a shit friend and brother I am.

"Doesn't matter, had I known we could have went out and celebrated, so when is the big day then?" At least it means we get a decent stag do.

"Two weeks, the day we should be back, by the latest anyway" What the hell, has he really gone and done that, and not thought of the consequences?

"Jackson, what the hell is going to happen if in two weeks we are still there? Her stood in her dress waiting for you? You should have waited for the mission to be completed" I can just picture Alena, the heartbreak on her face as she goes to the church and he isn't there, so this is my turn to ensure he gets home in time to marry her.

"I just don't want to wait, and I know we will be back in two weeks, one or two weeks to plan the rescue and get everything set up. Week off, then another week or two for the rescue" He honestly thinks he has it all planned out, if anything goes wrong these two weeks can be three or more.

"Okay, well let's go and get this sorted quickly, this Maxwell guy is meeting us at the base, we will plan, from there, then we will get this sorted" Sitting I place the earphones in my ears, his face turning to mine a laugh upon his face.

"Country music, really Marcus?" He rolls his eyes at me, yet he knows he loves country music himself he just doesn't admit it. I am his leader, in a lot of things, and country music was something I made him listen to. Taking out the ear piece I pass it to him, he doesn't hesitate to take it and putting it in his ear listening to the music. His feet instantly tapping at Hank Williams, Your Cheatin' Heart.