Book Five Chapter Twenty-Five

"Right, so James, and before you say you will never see him again, he broke it off before and went back without me knowing" 

Nearly dying as made me realise I don't care what she does as long as she is happy, and still loves me, crazy but it is the truth.

"Maria, I was leaving you, before the accident, I had decided that after what you said I was filing for a divorce and getting it over with" She looks at me shocked shaking her head.

"Okay, so I am still seeing James, I just didn't want you upset or hurt, I do love you, that was not a lie Marcus, and I promise I won't leave you for him" 

I want to believe her, I really do but the fact she lied about James again has me unsettled. I told her every time I was going to Rebecca's, that is the only way this can work, if one of us sneaking around doing it, making false promises, it turns into cheating, not an open relationship.

"I don't see the issue with me not telling you everything, I don't want you to know when I am going to see him everytime" I begin shaking my head in disbelief at her.

"I tell you every time, I even told you yesterday before the anniversary about Jacksons plan if things went ahead. I don't give details, but I at least tell you where I am going. You went on holiday not even a note of warning, just left" 

I think that hurts more than her planning to walk away.

"I apologised, I messed up and got confused over what I want and who I loved, but seeing you hurt, scared me and I realised it is you I love" 

Nodding, I give in, I can't keep going around in circles, and to be honest I don't want to either.

"So, are we limiting how often we meet others now or what?" 

She looks at me, and I don't want to put restrictions on her, but I feel like we have got to this place because we let each other have total freedom to go out and play anytime.

"Let's just see how things go and decide from there"

 I don't want to restrict her, especially if it will just push her closer to James and I have a feeling if I try to control how much she sees him it will.

"Let's go relax and watch a film, just spend the day together" 

She smiles walking into the living room, sitting down I follow her, we spend the day on the couch, I keep glancing at her, my mind wondering if is she being truthful? 

The night passed quickly, going to bed, we cuddle and sleep, I won't push her into wanting me, waking up she is leaning over me smiling.

"I was thinking, you should go alone to Alena's birthday, I don't exactly know her all too well" What she is really thinking is, send me alone so she can see James, nodding I agree, I don't want to argue again.

"Fine by me, what will you do?" I look at her, wondering if she will admit the truth or lie again.

"Just relaxing, I might even go see my sister" She smiles at me, now I know she is lying, she never sees her sister she hates her, why is she lying already?

"Okay, well have fun, anyway love" Kissing her she smiles.

"I will, best set off to work, I will see you tomorrow" Kissing me she leaves, is she just playing me along? Sitting I listen for her leaving, opening the windows I hear her on the phone.

"I am on my way, I said I was at work" There is a pause as she unlocked the car door.

"No, he has no idea, I lied when I realised he knew, he knows I am seeing you, but I told him I was not leaving, a few months and the ten years are up. Are the tickets booked for Australia?"