Book Five Chapter Forty-Seven

Waking up I walk out the room, Alena walking past me clearly been crying, Jackson has told her he is leaving. 

I go to stop her, her hands pushing me away as she runs to her bedroom, turning I walk to the office, opening the door Jackson sat there not even looking bothered by her emotions.

"Does that not break your heart and make you see sense?" I look at him and he shakes his head.

"Caroline used to cry, she eventually stopped, and if I remember right, so did Maria, did you stop going for her?" My fist bangs down on the table.

"That is fucking different, we didn't have kids, and I wasn't fucking dead for nearly a year. Sort your shit out Jackson, you need to call Troy and get it changed back to me, you need to take care of your fucking wife" 

I walk out slamming the door, what the hell is he doing? Getting downstairs, I sit at the kitchen table, Alena walks down not long after, she is hurting. Getting up I walk towards her in the kitchen, only she can stop him.

"I told him no Alena, I tried I was going, but he took my place if you can make him see sense, I can go. He just wouldn't listen to me" 

Turning to me, I can see she is fighting back the tears.

"I tried, he won't change his mind, so he is clearly going" She continues cooking not looking at me again.

"Obviously not hard enough, make him see how bad a mistake it is leaving you and the girls, you obviously have not tried enough" She needs to try everything, she turns pure anger on her face.

"Well, considering I pointed out that today it could be Liam here fucking me, and bringing up his kids he didn't change his mind, not even when I said if he walks out that door I am leaving he still said he has to. So yes, I tried everything, and he doesn't care, now can we stop talking about it, when he leaves I am gone, I don't care, he isn't coming and leaving the girls lives like this" 

She turns and looks at the bottom of the stairs my eyes following, Jackson stood there. She continues cooking, Jackson looks at her the whole time, sitting we eat in silence, what has changed, why now and why is he so set on hurting her in the worst possible way? 

Alena gets up taking the girls into their playroom, so they can play, she stays in there the whole day. Sitting at the table I avoid even talking to Jackson, I want to hit him, knock sense into him. He finishes cooking dinner looking at me as he puts it on the plates, getting up I walk to Alena.

"Jackson said to let you know dinner is ready" She looks up and nods.

"Thank you" She joins us, and again the meal is eaten in silence, finishing eating Georgina and Liam walks in.

"Came to take the girls to see Helen for a few hours like we discussed yesterday" Georgina smiles walking over, getting them ready Alena just sits not moving or talking, Georgina can see something is wrong.

"I will be cooking their tea don't worry, and they are staying at ours as well, just so you're aware," Alena kisses them bye, walking upstairs we hear the door slamming, Jackson just looks at me, shaking my head, I walk off not wanting to face him, walking past the kitchen I grab the whiskey and glass, hiding in my room the rest of the night till I fall asleep, waking up I go downstairs I grab a coffee, Jackson joining me.

"You are going, I told Troy I won't be" Finally, I am so glad he finally has seen sense.

"Good, I will get everything sorted with me and the team, don't ever fuck about like that again Jackson, you do, I walk and leave Alena alone" He looks at me, shaking his head.