Book Five Chapter Thirty-Seven

"I know Jackson, stop acting like everything is fine, I know it wasn't an accident" Jackson laughs at her outburst, I didn't think he was dumb and didn't realise she was listening.

"Alena, I know you were listening, I am not a fool, we just need to try to work out who it might be" They look at each other, confused trying to work it out, I have a thought, one she won't like.

"I don't know what you think but, there has been talk about your mum Alena?" Wow, that glare, I knew she wouldn't like the idea.

"Not a chance, she doesn't know me to want to hurt me" Jackson looks at me, then at Alena, does he agree?

"Actually, it could be plausible, she could have kept track of you all the years, and the fact I am with you sparked this, maybe it is a fact you now know?" Signs she is finally giving up on her face.

"Okay, I will meet her, happy? I will find out if it is her, but when it comes back it isn't which it will, you two will have a lot to make up for, I mean it!" She walks upstairs Jackson looking at me.

"Okay, so what is the deal with her mum, with the poisoning when she was younger?" I had totally forgotten to ask, all I know is her mum was Jackson's accountant for years. Small world right so there could be something there linking her to those incidents.

"Her dad said basically, her mum was having an affair, she wouldn't leave because if she did, Alena would stay with him. Her mum had her that dad while he was working, turned out she ended up in hospital, her mum claiming it was her boyfriend, jealous and trying to make it easier for her to leave, he said she did it"

Oh wow, I can't imagine how Alena must feel knowing that, especially if she thinks it is her own mum who did it.

"What did she say in the car?" I laugh, shaking my head.

"She honestly wanted to say a lot, but realised if she did, I would find out she was listening, I ended up telling her I wasn't a fool and knew. Mostly just that she thought she was going to die, after the whole four near-death experiences, now I think the whole thing shook her up, oh and that she thinks the world is trying to push her off and ruin you two" 

He looks at me shocked, it does sound crazy.

"I was thinking about Demetri, and you are right, I have a plan for when I can do it. She wants another tattoo, so I am obviously speaking to him as well, but he does it here, afterwards if she agrees, then it goes ahead, I don't think she will agree, but part of me thinks she will as she wants it" 

I nod, sitting we talk for a bit, Jackson realising she is not coming back down.

"Right, bed for us all, we all need our sleep to recognise issues with cars or anything else" 

He is right, walking upstairs, I walk into the bedroom, lying down, closing my eyes too tired to even move, did I eat today? I can't even remember, all I know is if I am not here, I don't look after myself, I fail at it completely. 

Waking up early, I go downstairs and eat, going back to my room I sit on the laptop, after a while, I go downstairs, Jackson sat with the girl. 

Sitting in the living room Alena walks downstairs, Jackson pushes the plate of food to her, she refuses it. Sitting they talk, Jackson looks outside, someone is here to check the cars, getting up I walk towards the door hearing Jackson.

"Finally, the guys are here to check the cars fully, I will be outside, call Georgina to see if she can watch the girls, I don't want them going with us today" There is no need, I am here.

"No need, I will watch them, I am sure I can cope" They both turn looking at me like I am crazy, I mean it.

"Seriously guys, it can't be that hard, and they usually have a nap around one, so it will be a piece of cake" It can't be that hard, not a chance, and they have a nap so that will help.