Book Six Chapter Nineteen

A goodbye to remember

Jackson joining me about half an hour later, looking rather displeased.

"I said I would, and told you to get sleep" I shrug my shoulders, at least me checking makes me feel safer that I am totally sure it is safe. My phone begins to ring, looking at it I recognise the number, Mary? 

That is too soon, she shouldn't be ringing for the code till Sunday. I look at Jackson, unsure if I should answer in front of him, but I know if I don't he will only ask me anyway.

"Hi, Mary" Jackson's eyes widen.

"We need the code, we are here now, and we need the code to get in, there is a change in the plan" Her words panicking me, has she found out? I can't give her the code, she needs to be there when the team and police arrive to catch them.

"6826, what is the change of plan Mary?" She stays quiet, and I can hear her putting in the code, heck I didn't think she would be stood there right now, trying it while I am on the phone.

"Doesn't work Adrian, you better not be fucking me about" My hand rubs my forehead, the sweat beginning to bead.

"I'm not, I may have jotted it down wrong, I can't exactly wake her now and ask her, she will want to know why. I will find out first thing and call you back. What is the change of plan?" I need to know, this changes everything.

"I want it by 10am Adrian, and the plan and changes do not concern you" The phone dies, and I look at Jackson, we need to move forward quicker.

"Something has changed, they should not be opening the safe till Sunday, everyone needs to leave tomorrow to the locations, I will take Alena with me, you go with the girls. The team can sort everything, then once I know Alena is safely away, I will come back and join them" He nods, I don't know what to expect now, I just know tomorrow we have to leave.

"There will be no contact Jackson, not till Sunday, so don't be trying to call and shit especially when they could be tracking the calls. Get sleep, we leave early" Walking upstairs I sit down with the laptop, calling the team I explain how everything has changed, if we can get everyone there tomorrow, it will help, but it means a total change of plan. The night taking ages, hours passing by as I struggle to sleep, no doubt Jackson the same also.

Waking up I feel like I have not slept at all. Getting out of bed I pack my bag, walking downstairs with it, Alena looking at me confused, then her eyes full of hurt.

"You are leaving, just like that. I knew you were going Marcus, but you said I had two weeks, two weeks before you left" I shake my head, Jackson stopping her, his arms grabbing her.

"No, you are leaving with him Alena, don't ask questions. There is no time, and it isn't safe, Marcus can explain everything while you drive to the safe house, I am taking the kids to another location" She looks between us confused, Troy and other team members arriving.

"What is going on? You can't tell me not to ask questions when it looks like something is happening" She looks at me, knowing I will struggle to hide the truth from her and she is right.

"All you need to know right now is there is a lot of people in your business and Jacksons working to take everything, and they are willing to use the kids for it" Her eyes widening with shock, her chest moving faster and harder as she fights to breath.

"What is going on?" She screams pushing Jackson away.

"Fine, Mary is not the person you think, neither is Luke or Jo, they are all part of a drug, weapon and trafficking gang. Alena, you and Jackson are the targets, and if we don't all leave now, there is a chance they will take the kids to get what they want" She begins to sway, her face growing pale, Jackson's hands grasping her as she passes out, I look at him confused and worried.

"She is fine, get her in the car at least this way she can't fight to go with the kids and risk everyone's life. Stop at Georgina's on the way, they are not there, but I left a bag of stuff there for Alena so she wouldn't question." Nodding I walk over, picking her up and leaving, trusting Jackson to get himself and the kids as far away from here as possible until we solve this, or at least find a way to stop it. 

Driving to Georgina's, Alena is still passed out, I want to wake her, it has been about four minutes, surely she should be awake? Waking her now though she is likely to run back home with it being so close. 

Getting out the car I run into the house, grabbing the bag I come back out, Alena no where in the car, she was faking it. Turning I begin to look for her, something hitting me from behind, my body slumping to the ground, the sound of my head cracking as it hits the pavement. My last thoughts Alena, had she hit me to run back to Jackson and the girls? Waking up my head hurts, going to move my hands unable to, the feel of metal around them, has she tied me to something? My eyes searching around, seeing the dark room, the sound of someone whimpering nearby, my eyes looking towards the figure, Alena sat on the floor.