Book Five Chapter Thirty-One

Walking to the door I knock, this feels weird, she opens the door looking at me.

"What?" Rolling my eyes, I go to speak.

"He is here for his stuff, or rather we are" Jackson walks past me into the house, Maria screaming at him as she follows.

"His shit is in the garage" 

She pushes Jackson, he turns and walks out back to the garage, sure enough, there it is, we start loading it all into Troy's van. 

Wait, there is stuff missing, looking through I can't find them, not a chance, walking to the door I walk in, fuck knocking.

"Where are they Maria?" She looks at me like she has no idea at all what I am talking about.

"My mother's jewelry boxes and all her jewelry" She stands staring at me, Jackson and Troy walk in to see what I am shouting about.

"I don't know, with the rest of your shit" This is a low blow even for her.

"You know they are worth a hell of a lot, so don't play dumb, I don't care about how much I can get for them, they have been in the family for generations, now hand it over" Is she really going to try to keep something so sentimental? 

I turn walking upstairs, she chases after me, pulling on my arm.

"You can't go up there, this isn't your house anymore" Pushing her back I continue going up.

"There is no way I am leaving without it, so if you don't give me it then I will just empty every cupboard, drawer and everything else in this house" 

She carries on chasing me upstairs, Troy and Jackson following.

"Or even better, I could just be as pathetic as you, I could just take all the furniture, you know seeing as it was bought out of my bank account, not the joint, not yours, mine, so technically everything in this house is mine" 

Walking into the bedroom I open the drawers, throwing the stuff on the floor, James stuff, he has really moved in, what the hell happened to Australia?

"Fine, have them" She pushes past me, walking to the cupboard she takes out the boxes, throwing them at me, selfish cow, I can't believe she would be so cruel.

"Marcus, get the hell out now I will sort it" Jackson pulls me back, pushing me out the door, his voice still heard from this side as I walk down the stairs.

"Uncalled for Maria, you went too far, and guarantee that this time next year, you will be alone" I walk outside not wanting to hear anymore, how could she be so cruel to throw it across the room. 

She knows what those items mean to me, she isn't the Maria I know, getting in the car I sit down trying to calm myself. 

Never have I ever got angry with a woman to the point I wanted to hurt them, now though I am. I need to calm down and be glad I never have to see her again. Jackson and Troy walking back out of the house, Jackson carries the items, Maria runs to the door screaming at them. 

Who the hell is this woman? Not who I married that is for sure, I have never seen her so cruel, she was always so kind, loving and soft. Jackson gets in the car, Troy gets in his van as we drive off.

"Warning we were coming here would have been nice" I look at him, he really threw me into the deep end.

"If I had said, you would have refused and left your shit to collect dust, what the hell has happened to her?" Shaking my head, I wish I knew.