Book Five Chapter Twenty-Six

Looking through the rooms they come up empty, then I open the next door, Jake is there, his hands gripped around Alena's tears in her eyes as she struggles against him. 

Rushing over I drag him back, throwing him across the room, a little too hard as he pulls Alena with him before letting go. 

Grabbing him I him I pin him against the wall, my hands tightening around his neck, I should just kill him.

"Let go of me" He struggles against my grip which only makes me tighten it.

"I'm going to kill you" My eyes looking into his as I get ready to hit him.

"You never come near her again, you ever even look in her direction I will take your fucking eyes out" My words continue, I need to let him go before I do something stupid and get locked up, my body is shaking, the sight of Alena so defenseless and the fact this time I was here and able to stop her getting hurt.

 Loosening my grip, I let him run out, turning I see Alena on the floor, staring at me in shock. Walking over to her I don't know what to do or say, I don't want her freaking out.

"Are you okay Alena? Did he hurt you?" I move closer, leaning down to her, she isn't here, it is like she has shifted herself away, so she didn't have to deal with it.

"What the hell happened"Jackson's voice behind me, Alena seemingly snapping out of her state, she stands smiling walking around me.

"Nothing, I am fine" Her words flat, you can tell she is far from fine, yet she doesn't want Jackson to know what happened? 

Her eyes looking at me, praying I don't say what has happened, what can I say happened? She kisses Jackson and walks to the door.

"I need to get back to my party" She walks out, Jackson shutting the door behind her staring at me, heck, if I tell him the truth after Max he will kill Jake, he will ruin Alena's birthday and get locked up.

 I get why she doesn't want him to know the truth.

"Why the hell would you?" He is looking at me, he thinks I slept with her? He honestly thinks I would go that far, then again, I would if she let me. 

Maybe lying and agreeing would be better at least for tonight, so Jake can get away and Alena gets to enjoy her party.

"I didn't sleep with her, I tried yes and maybe had you not walked in we would, but I didn't sleep with her" 

He looks at me, the hurt and pain in his eyes, I hate lying to him, but I have no choice, I don't want him getting locked up because of Jake.

"She kissed you back?" He looks at me, I can't lie, I can't do it, nodding I watching as his face turns to anger.

"Fuck you both" His hand opens the door, walking out he slams it behind him, okay, this isn't what I thought would happen, 

walking after him I try to catch up, his eyes looking at Alena, hers full of love and worry, he looks at her in disgust, pure disgust, she doesn't understand chasing him out the door. 

He gets in his car, I follow in mine as he drives, if I have to I will follow him all night, he isn't fucking this all up, maybe I should have told the truth. 

But if he is this angry at the thought we kissed, I can only imagine what he would be like with Jake, I know Jake wouldn't still be alive tonight if I told him the truth. 

H

is car stops, just in the middle of nowhere, he gets out sitting on the grass. I didn't want to hurt him, walking over I sit down next to him, hoping I can talk some sense into him, I am hoping Alena tells him the truth tomorrow, but unsure.

"It was nothing, honestly, she hardly even kissed me back" He turns and looks at me.

"I always knew, always from the first moment she met you, something would have her running to you" He shook his head, is he crazy? She loves him, really loves him.

"Jackson, she loves you more than Maria loves me, that is for sure, don't punish her for this, if you want to punish someone punish me, I was the one who started it, she just didn't feel like she could escape" 

I don't want him hating Alena, I feel awful, like this is my fault, I should have hit Jake, kept him there and then there would be no way of Alena hiding it. 

Yet I saw her eyes, the fear for Jackson if he found out, she knows he would do something crazy.

"Still doesn't make any of this right, none of it at all, she kissed you, she honestly looked so different, I don't even know how to explain it, I have never seen her look like that before" 

She looked lost, and I hope he doesn't make sense of it and realise this is a lie, hours pass sitting talking to him, trying to make him see how much she loves, me persuading him to go back to the party, that she will no doubt be sitting alone now worrying about him. 

Finally, he agrees, driving back I follow him in my car, of course I am going, if he starts shouting at her, then I will stand up for her. 

Walking in she is sat at the bar, or rather asleep at it, the empty bottle next to her, he has hurt her more than he will ever realise.

"Alena" His word not soft, or smooth, making her jump awake, she looks up her eyes red, still filled with tears, yet there is relief, so much relief that he is here in her eyes.

"Just get your arse to bed, seriously, fuck off" His words cold and mean, I shake my head at her, seeing she is ready to confront him, she hurries off and I face him.

"Don't speak to her like shit, what the fuck Jackson" I look at him, I don't care how hurt he is, that was cruel, he shouldn't have spoken to her like that.

"My wife, not yours and considering she was willing to cheat on me with you, I don't give a shit what you say" 

He walks to the bar getting a drink, he can't keep doing this, sitting I talk to him, again trying to make him see sense, he finally gives up and goes to their room, I can't follow them there so I can only hope he doesn't shout at her or leave her, walking back to my room I sit, waiting I can't do this. 

The thoughts won't let me sleep, I watch as the time passes, hours later a knock at the door, Jackson stood there. Letting him in I sit down, ready for another fight.