Book Six Chapter One

1 forgetting the past

I am being plagued, every time I close my eyes and drift away into a deep slumber.

"No, Marcus don't please" her screams following me into the darkness.

"Please wake up, stay with me Marcus, you can't leave me" Every night on replay, I wake up feeling frozen, my eyes wet, I wish I could go back and cuddle her, tell her I never died, but I can't. 

Sitting up I look around me; I gave everything up for her to be safe. It has been nearly three years now, three years of no longer been called Marcus. Now I am Adrian, I look different, everything is different, and that day was the last I saw of Alena and the old team. 

That day, Marcus died, and when I woke up, I gave him up willingly every part of him. I walk in to the main tent; the team are sat there waiting for instructions.

"Mate, when is this going to happen? We need to have some fun and let our hair down so to speak" I turn, I don't like been called mate, and I certainly am not here to answer his questions.

"I am not here to make fucking friends Watson do you understand me? You want to make friends, fuck off home, I am here to keep your arses alive, not be pals" Mathew stands up straight looking at me.

"Sorry Sir won't happen again" Standing waiting for confirmation he can sit back down.

"Sit down Watson; we have work to do" Nodding he sits, everyone looking at him. I wasn't always like this before in the navy we were a family, but look where that got us. 

I wish I could relax, but I know if I do, if I start letting people get in I will get hurt, and I have enough with Alena's broken face within my mind without adding more, I wish I could see her, even a picture. Walking to the front everyone sits waiting for me to give details.

"So, there is a large number of weapons coming into the UK, all we know if the leader's wife has access to a business, this business is where they are going to be stored. We have no idea if the owner is aware or not so each person will have their task. Some may be employed at the business, others just following the woman, looking for anything suspicious" I look down at the folder, everything I need to know. 

I don't even know everything yet, just what I told them. My hand goes down opening the folder, unsure where we are going, what the business is or anything. Opening it I freeze, is this a joke, I look up at everyone, who knows?

"Boss" Looking up Trevor is looking at me, no one knows my past, so why is Alena's portrait the image at the top of the file?

"Right, go take a few hours, I need to sort something" Closing the folder I walk out, going to my bunk I open it looking again, it has to be a mistake, Alena wouldn't be into this. Reading through I realise her business is the one where the weapons are planned to be stored. 

No way would she agree, reading through I can see she has opened the business in other locations already. I smile knowing my money helped, yet at the same time, the growth rate has made her a target. 

I shouldn't have been given this mission, not at all. Getting up I walk out, knocking on the door I wait for a reply allowing me to go in.

"Come in" Walking in I place the folder on the desk.

"Problem Adrian?" He seems so calm and cool like this wasn't going to cause issues.

"Yes, why the hell would you give me a mission to go back to my old life? What the hell do you think will happen?" He shakes his head pointing to the seat, sitting down he looks at me.