Book Six Chapter Fourteen

"I will explain, just wait downstairs please" His voice is quiet, what time is it? Looking around it is nearly nine, have we really all slept in? This can end badly if Jo arrives when Jackson is downstairs.

"Alena, we need to get up" I look at her and she nods, getting up and dressed we walk downstairs, Jackson making a drink, Georgina and Liam staring at me as I walk down.

"How can you sleep with someone you don't even know Alena?" Georgina is glaring at her, Liam staring at me.

"She knows him, Georgina, I mean I don't recognise him much, but I can see parts of him" Georgina turns looking at him confused like he is talking in riddles, to be honest, he is.

"She knows me, and even if she didn't that would have nothing to do with you blondie" I look at her, and she laughs.

"Marcus used to call me that" She turns to Alena, her head quickly turning back to me.

"Wait? It can't be, you died Alena watched them take your body, you died" Georgina is staring at me, and I know I need to explain and so does Jackson, but now we don't have time.

"Look, Jo will be here soon, so we can't explain, Jackson isn't meant to be back, and I am not Marcus, I am Adrian, so shut it before she gets here" They both stare at me shocked, Liam looking at Jackson.

"Just do as you are told, I need to get upstairs and hide before she gets here. Georgina can you get the kids downstairs please, so Jo doesn't have to be upstairs." 

Jackson walks off, Georgina staring at us both, she goes up after Jackson to get the kids, making a coffee I hand it to Alena, she needs to eat after last night but there is no time, she will have to drive to a café first, there is no way she is getting out of eating. 

A knock at the door makes us all turn.

"Why can't she know Jackson is here?" Liam looks at us Alena stops her hand above the handle.

"Seriously Liam, just do as you are told and zip it or leave now" Georgina begins to walk down the stairs, as Alena opens the door and Jo walks in smiling. 

I am looking at Alena, seeing if you can see any marks on any part of her body, but she has covered up well. Alena walks off with Jo getting everything sorted Georgina looking at me.

"I will get her to call when we get to work, just make sure you are not here when she does" She nods and walks to the kitchen and begins to make the kids breakfast, Alena walking back out to us.

"Jo can take over, you two best go, I have to get to work" Georgina nods as we walk out not saying anything they get in their car as Alena and I get in hers. Setting off I look at her, I am making her life so much harder right now.

"Food, drive by a café or something, you need to eat this morning, and no arguments" She looks at me and nods not saying anything. 

My phone beeps, looking at the screen it is a message from Jackson.

"Sorry we didn't get chance to talk this morning, I guess we all slept in, tell Alena we will sit down and talk things through tonight."

"Jackson said we will talk things through tonight" She nods and carries on driving, I have to agree this feels weird. 

Pulling up at the café I walk in, ordering us both breakfast and coffees I get back in the car, and she starts driving again.

"Is that really all that is happening? The guy at Jackson's business or is there more?" I hate lying to her, but if she knows the truth there is no way she won't blow up, and everyone finds out.