Book Five Chapter Thirty-Two

Walking downstairs, I find Jackson in the kitchen, he looks at me and I should say something but not here or now.

"Let's go out for a bit, already cleared it with Alena, I need a drink" 

He nods, and we go out, getting in Jackson's car we drive to the local bar, I say I need a drink when in fact I don't he does. 

Ordering him a drink, I got myself a lemonade sitting down, we catch up, me waiting until his mum comes into the conversation but she doesn't.

"So how is your mum?" I look at him, wondering if he will tell, he shakes his head as if it is nothing.

"Fine like always" Really, what is he hiding the truth for?

"She looked rather worn out the other day, the twins must be tiring her" I am pushing, trying to get him to talk and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I guess so, I mean me, and Alena get worn out so anyone else would as well" I shake my head looking at him.

"Oh, come on Jackson, how many years have I known you, now speak and don't tell me she is fine" He looks at me shocked, then the anger shows on his face.

"Alena told you, she is my wife and had no right, it is my mother not hers" 

Sitting he complains about Alena telling me, I allow him to, then he moves onto the illness, saying it is wrong and he is trying everything to find another specialist, he really is in denial. Sitting we talk as he grows more and more drunk.

"You know why she told me right? Even I can see it, she is scared Jackson, heartbroken and scared you are going to end up how you were when I got shot" 

He doesn't say anything just sits looking at his beer.

"She is scared she is losing you, and you acting like everything is fine and no one needs to know won't help" 

He continues ignoring me, yet I sense he gets what I am saying, it is late, and Jackson is past drunk, helping him to his car I drive, getting home Alena is asleep on the sofa, carrying Jackson upstairs I throw him in bed. 

Walking back down, she looks like an angel asleep, peaceful and beautiful, picking her up I carry her upstairs, placing her next to Jackson I walk out their room. Going to bed I fall straight to sleep, I spend most of the week at Jacksons work, although he is not here, he also isn't a home by the sounds of it. 

He is avoiding us all, everyone, for some reason, it has been four days since we went out, Georgina and Liam have moved out, I have been staying at Seductive Vibrations as much as possible, so Jackson and Alena have space. Alena has planned something for him for his birthday and I willingly said I would stay away to give them some space. 

This day alone just them is needed, especially after everything recently, driving home, I decide to spend tonight there, and leave early. I am worn out and Maria seems to be wanting to make my life hell, including taking me to court over that bloody bank account. Walking in Alena smiles at me.

"Can I get you a drink and food?" She has been trying to take care of me, and it feels so weird.

"Just a coffee, no food thanks" I don't want to depend on her or anyone else. Sitting down, she joins me smiling.

"Has Maria left now then? I don't understand why you couldn't work it out, she loved you" She is so sweet and yet knows so little.

"Not as simple as love anymore, we decided years ago what we wanted from our lives, she changed, she decided she wanted kids, another life away from here away from me." Her eyes look at me shocked.